looking for some arb fridge info

seanb123

looking ahead to spring/summer and thinking im going to get a arb fridge. Got a few questions i hope some of you guys can answer.

First being since the fridges arnt cheap i would like to know if i can get away with not running a duel battery? I know its possible but not recommended at this moment im only running one set of lights. Also for nighttime can you really let it charge all night without it killing the battery?

Also im wondering how long could you really run the fridge without being charged ive seen people say days and others say a few hours.

Any help would be great

KenB1010

The ARBs have a cutoff switch that turns off the fridge when your voltage drops below a certain point. It's designed to turn off prior to your jeep not being able to start. I don't think a duel battery is required, but I feel better having it. The longest I've run the fridge without a charge is 7 days on a Marine Platimum DieHard. That was with only running the fridge during the day and turning it off at night.

No need for dual batteries. Like stated before it has 3 settings for voltage cutoff. The "how long" question is difficult since it depends on outside conditions, what temp you trying to maintain, and how many times you open it up to get stuff. We've ran ours for a couple days with no worries in summer temps 95+. It will start to warm up but will still be cool enough to work. Just keep everyone from opening it every 5 min and it's good :thumb:

TX_JK

I run an ARB fridge in the back of my JK 24/7. When i pull into my garage at night i plug the ARB into an extension cord so it switches from being powered from my jeep battery to a 110 a/c plug. The only time my ARB is running on battery power is when i am away from the house. I can tell you that on vacation i have had the ARB running off the jeep for 36 hours and the jeep started up just fine. I probably would not want my ARB running on my jeep for more than about 4 days without at least starting the jeep and letting it idle for 10 minutes or so.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, a dual battery is not needed but you will want a good battery like a Diehard Platinum. Also, a critical thing to do is to run a direct line from the batter to the fridge. ARB sells one but you can find an aux plug kit for less at most parts stores. Just gotta remember to run a heavy gauge wire too. If you don't do this, you'll find that you'll have issues keeping it on.

seanb123

As mentioned, a dual battery is not needed but you will want a good battery like a Diehard Platinum. Also, a critical thing to do is to run a direct line from the batter to the fridge. ARB sells one but you can find an aux plug kit for less at most parts stores. Just gotta remember to run a heavy gauge wire too. If you don't do this, you'll find that you'll have issues keeping it on.

Good to know thanks running a duralast battery now but in time it will go

ttfhell

I've had mine on for two days without starting using a die hard platinum. I haven't wired it direct yet but I am using the center console 12v outlet without a problem so far. The one in the trunk area can't carry enough volts to power it. Prob cause those wires are 20gauge or so lol.

Top Bottom