both axles off centered

04lj3.25

About 6 months ago I had a 3.25" rc lift put on and it didn't take long for me to realize that my front axle is off about 1/4" to the driver side. I look around and I found that the relocation hole was never drilled for the track bar but that is easily fixed with a adjustable track bar, but I have not purchased it yet. I have just now realized that my rear axle is off the exact same even though the track bar relocation bracket is in place. does any one know how to fix the rear axle and will an adjustable front track bar fix the front axle?

2trackin

Get track bars for both front and rear and you'll be all set. Who installed your lift?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
An adjustable front track bar will allow you to re-center your axle. If you have a rear track bar relocation bracket, was it made for your 3.25" kit or was it a generic one that you picked up? If the later, it could be that it is too short or too tall depending on what it was made for. Either way, that would leave your axle off center too. An adjustable rear track bar would address this as well.

04lj3.25

The lift was installed by The Jeep Hut and the relocation bracket was included with the Rough Country 3.25" lift kit also bought form The Jeep Hut. I got an alignment on it along with the install, could they have done this on purpose to align the rear to the front?

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The lift was installed by The Jeep Hut and the relocation bracket was included with the Rough Country 3.25" lift kit also bought form The Jeep Hut. I got an alignment on it along with the install, could they have done this on purpose to align the rear to the front?

An alignment shop would not be able to make any adjustment to the position of your axles UNLESS you had an adjustable track bar. Depending on which way your axle is off, you either have more lift or less lift than your rear relocation bracket is designed for. And really, that's no big deal. Due to solid axles using a track bar, your axle will always be off a bit depending on how much weight you have in your Jeep.

Woody3

May I suggest the Rubicon Express adjustable track arms? They work great and are very easy to install and adjust.
Just my 2¢

OIIIIIO

Top Bottom