A Little Snow Play Today

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Being from SoCal, it's not everyday that you get a snow day and with all the white stuff we got to see today, you just know we had to get out in it for a bit. I know, it's silly but, here are a few shots that we took from the fun we had after lunch...

Having fun driving around the outskirts of town, just because we could...
main.php

Heading up into the hills just as the snow was starting to collect enough to make a light blanket...
main.php

main.php

main.php

By the time we got back home, there was about 3-4" of the white stuff on the ground...
main.php

After living in SoCal our whole life where everyday was about 70°, I have to say that shoveling snow was definitely a new experience for me...
main.php

:crazyeyes:

SDG

Caught the Bug
you are going to have to actually put your sandals away for a few months too!!!!

Trail Bud

Hooked
very cool on the snow. I hear you should get a decent amount.
also I love how the snow shovel matches Rubicat. you planned that right ?:D

Tigrcky

Forecast for here calls for 5 inches tonight and 6 during the day tomorrow its fun stuff, you will find that its addicting to drive in it :yup: in fact thats when i blew my first dana 30 axle shaft!!! in 3 foot of it :D

JKbrick

Unhook your garden hose from your spigot when it freezes out or you will have a problem next time you use it 💦

David1tontj

You don't want a snowblower!!! Not with your rigs!! It'll be 4 wheel drive trying to get into your garage!! Looks like fun! I'm jealous of your new place!

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

jhires

Love it! Grew up in an area that regularly saw 12" over a 24 hour period throughout winter. Now living in the Seattle area not so much. I miss it. :p

Anyway, Have fun! I know I would. :)

BTW: if you find an iced over parking lot, with a bit of snow on top of that, try turning off the traction control, put it in 4hi, put it in reverse, turn the steering full lock one direction, and MASH the go peddle. :D:D:D

Careful tho, bad things can happen if you find a dry spot and catch traction, or find a hidden curb. :eek:

Angry Aussie

I lived in Colorado for a little while and driving in snow is so much fun! And very addicting. I miss it. Enjoy the snow for me.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Time to invest in a snowblower.

X's 2 and their fun too! Don't miss it too much being from Nebraska. A little like that is cool and adds some beauty to the surroundings. Wife and I are ready to make another move and go more up north to NC. They get a little bit up there.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Time to invest in a snowblower.

Actually, the previous owner left one here but, it needs a little TLC. Up until yesterday (which almost felt like late summer), I didn't even know why I'd need one. Guess I gotta give the thing a look :yup:

you are going to have to actually put your sandals away for a few months too!!!!

That is the truth!! Tried taking Tessa out in them this morning and near about froze my toes off :crazyeyes:

very cool on the snow. I hear you should get a decent amount.
also I love how the snow shovel matches Rubicat. you planned that right ?:D

You know it!! :D
As far as the snow goes, we actually didn't get as much as I was hoping for.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You don't want a snowblower!!! Not with your rigs!! It'll be 4 wheel drive trying to get into your garage!! Looks like fun! I'm jealous of your new place!

LOL!! I did practically need it just to pull into our driveway and yes, it was fun :D

Love it! Grew up in an area that regularly saw 12" over a 24 hour period throughout winter. Now living in the Seattle area not so much. I miss it. :p

Anyway, Have fun! I know I would. :)

BTW: if you find an iced over parking lot, with a bit of snow on top of that, try turning off the traction control, put it in 4hi, put it in reverse, turn the steering full lock one direction, and MASH the go peddle. :D:D:D

Careful tho, bad things can happen if you find a dry spot and catch traction, or find a hidden curb. :eek:

:cheesy: You my friend are clearly a bad influence.... now, where can I find an iced over parking lot :crazyeyes:

I lived in Colorado for a little while and driving in snow is so much fun! And very addicting. I miss it. Enjoy the snow for me.

In all fairness, I'm not totally unfamiliar with snow driving, just not used to the idea that it'll now be a normal part of winter. :yup:

X's 2 and their fun too!

I just gave the one I have a look and it may just need a new fuel line. If the snow sticks, I'll work on it :yup:

Tigrcky

Where at?

Tried taking Tessa out in them this morning and near about froze my toes off :crazyeyes:

believe it or not there are a few crazies that will wear sandals here (no socks) in the winter even for the negative days! :crazyeyes::yup:

Angry Aussie

Where at?

I lived in boulder while I was in school, I'm trying really hard to move back up there next year. Probably wouldn't be boulder to costly to live there. Thinking Colorado Springs or Denver for job markets. But I'm willing to do something different just to live back in the mountains.

dahreno

Banned
I was working @ Renown hospital in Reno today . There were so many car accidents right in front of the hospital today due to people running into others supposedly due to the snow , I was afraid to drive home ! I don't know if my insurance will cover about 10 grand in upgrades that I have on the JK . There was also a about 15 car pile up on the 395 just North of the 80 .Crazy !

Top Bottom