Votes: 6 37.5%
  • No, but wish I had

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Yes, and I have used it

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
shopping for tires, just curious how many buy the optional warranty for side wall damage and if you have had to use it. especially if you wheel on the rocks. and for fun if you have had to use it, what tires did you tear up?

I wheel on the rocks a lot, currently have BFGs with a cut in every sidewall but 1 and no warranty.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
warranty. Discount Tire has agreat warranty i would highly suggest looking at. also the best prices around! i got all 5 of my tires w/ the warranty and shipping for cheaper than any place i saw or came across. also had them at my door in 3 days!

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Well in your case Overlander there was a "return"........a completely new 35" tire shipped to your door free of charge.......the extra you paid for the insurance could be construed by some as an investment to be redeemed if needed at a time in the future......which you in fact did.......no?........Is that the story or is there another one?

Woodrow

Last edited:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
You're protecting your tires with the investment that u do with the insurance

View attachment 58809

But again you always right no Matter what, Mr Wikipedia

Here is some Wiki for you Brankz: In finance, investment is putting money into an asset with the expectation of capital appreciation, dividends, and/or interest earnings. :thumb:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investment

Investment is a term that only applies to finance/economics. That is why Overlander is correct. Insurance is risk management. :yup:

Here is a link to the translator. http://translate.google.com/ :D

Brankz

Here is some Wiki for you Brankz: In finance, investment is putting money into an asset with the expectation of capital appreciation, dividends, and/or interest earnings. :thumb:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investment

Investment is a term that only applies to finance/economics. That is why Overlander is correct. Insurance is risk management. :yup:

Here is a link to the translator. http://translate.google.com/ :D

Your investing the 35 bucks so in the future u will get a new 300 dollar tire,

So your investing 35 dollars in return of 300 with a profit of 265 dollars. So that a good investment with 0% change of losing money. But ok

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

So your investing 35 dollars in return of 300 with a profit of 265 dollars. So that a good investment with 0% change of losing money. But ok

What's your return if you don't use it?

Bigtom

Banned

If you never have to replace the tire you have lost money.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Brankz

If you never have to replace the tire you have lost money.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

But it's only 35 dollars not 300.

Investment always have risk, in this case is a littler risk.

Last edited:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug

You have 100% chance of loosing money if you never puncture or ruin a tire.

According to that warranty it's only a free repair if damage happens before 2/32nds of wear occur. That would be equivalent to 1/16th which isn't much. You can probably wear that much off going to the mall. :idontknow:

Tires aren't an investment either. Buying things that don't make money is not "making an investment"...but I guess that's moot. :icon_crazy:

Edit: looks like bigtom got that.. lol

TheDuff

In the future, use the word "smaller" in place of littler;)

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

David1tontj

Brankz, I think everyone knows what you mean, they are just giving you a hard time for using the word "investment". Maybe try the phrase "cheap insurance" instead.

The guy I bought my tires from on craigslist won't give me a warranty!

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

Top Bottom