Getting paint off the fenders?

quit staring

One of the guys I work with has a JKU. The other morning he tried to avoid what looked like house paint all over the road but ended up getting some on both driver side doors and the rear fender. The paint on the doors will come off fine but on the fenders it seems to be pretty stuck/soaked in. Has anyone ever taken paint off the fenders and what did you use? I don't wanna tell him to use so and so and have the fender paint come off or fade. any input is appreciated, thanks guys. it's not a Sahara by the way

Hobolobo

I just used a clay bar with quick detailer spray on some overspray i had on mine. Just spray with detailer and rub with a piece of the clay bar. Takes a little work, but worth it. Hope it helps.

pastorwug

Goof Off - the best product out there for spills like this - they have a less caustic product that works on plastics a bit safer - don't remember what it's called but they are both available at Home Depot or Lowe's.

quit staring

Goof Off - the best product out there for spills like this - they have a less caustic product that works on plastics a bit safer - don't remember what it's called but they are both available at Home Depot or Lowe's.

great,that sounds like a good idea as well. much appreciated

Easy Off oven cleaner..Dont laugh,it works. My wife traded paint with a yellow post and I wasnt sure how to take it off without taking the clearcoat with it but a good friend of ours told us about it. Just spray it on and wipe it right off.

We are Jeep..Resistance is futile..

quit staring

Easy Off oven cleaner..Dont laugh,it works. My wife traded paint with a yellow post and I wasnt sure how to take it off without taking the clearcoat with it but a good friend of ours told us about it. Just spray it on and wipe it right off.

interesting, ill see if I have any laying around and bring it in to work. thanks!

pastorwug

As long as my wife doesn't see me with oven cleaner! That could make for a very busy day!

Mods at the speed of Caltrans

Top Bottom