Door Handle Frozen

Jeepmaverick

Dipped down to 20 today here in Texas, iced and sleeted on everything, now the button of my driver side handle is frozen…pushed in so my door won't shut. Any of you guys with more experience in ice and snow know what to do? tried prying it out with my knife, didn't know if water would crack the plastic or not…thanks for the help

Napalm90

Beat the door.... Have to do that sometimes in NY... Also What's up with Texas weather... I'm visiting from New York and it was in the 70's during the day all week And now suddenly it's been in the 30's...

jeeeep

Hooked
hey neighbor! what was said - beat around the edge of the door.

I've had to use a heat gun in the past while hitting the door on the frame side (no dents), doesn't take much just be careful not to hold the heat on it too long or you may melt it (a blow dryer will work) keep the cord dry!

Hell has frozen over! lol

TX_JK

Pour hot water on the door handle. I've done this before. It works. This is some crazy weather for Texas for sure.

jkrossi

Just never let the warm water touch your windows. Use cold water if you think it will hit the windows.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

DallasJKU

Beat the door.... Have to do that sometimes in NY... Also What's up with Texas weather... I'm visiting from New York and it was in the 70's during the day all week And now suddenly it's been in the 30's...

It sucks!!!! And more importantly it caused my brackets to not be delivered so I can't mount my LED.

Last edited:

CerOf

Simple solution guys, worked for me this morning....

Hit the larger button at the top of the remote twice. Your Jeep will start right up. Assuming you left the heater on hot and high, you'll be in business 15minutes later. Gosh I like remote start!!

(Yes, I know not everyone has it. And yes, I'm bragging. Remote start is one of my most favorite things!!)

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.

Jeepmaverick

Haha great responses. Thanks guys, typical Texas weather...top off Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday door handles frozen with ice. Ended up taking a turn out of the parking lot and the door opened and slammed shut...did the job but thought it was gon blow my window out.

Top Bottom