Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How long should I wait

What shop is it?

I use to work in the automotive paint industry. A lot of shops can't stop to work on what it sounds like close to a custom job. They have their quick pay jobs, insurance, etc...that keep payments coming to run the shop. Sounds like it is a time consuming job. If they are cutting labor for you that would be a plus. Kinda look how long it has taken for Moby to get back on the road.
    “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.”

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...
    Explore. Dream. Discover."

"Take a compass, because it's always awkward when you have to eat a friend."

Banned
    Went by the shop today and what's left is to install a hanging brake pedal which needs fabbed . Go through the firewall to the new hydro booster and hook into the power steering pump . Then plumb in for the PSC hydro assist . Run all new brake lines . Install the e brake assy. and cables to the rear 78 caddy calipers that have built in e brakes on them , and install the calipers . Install all parts in the rear 14 bolt . Install both new d. shafts . Install the shifter for the 700 r4 . That should wrap it up , for now . I still need to install lockers , skid plates , rocker protection . It does have a new motor and a new Holley 750 h/p series carb. but , it probably will crap out on steep hill climbs . I may go with a quadrajet but I don't know much about them . May want to go with EFI but , that will be the only thing that would have a computer on the whole Jeep , not to mention expensive so I'll have to check it out .Any way to complete the work mentioned he said it will be done by new years. I can live with that . I am just bummed I will still need lockers and skids to really wheel it , not to mention it's winter and not really a good time to test it out on the rocks . It would have been really nice if it had been done by the promised date of last June ! I'll let you know how it turns out .Here it is so far .Thank you all for your input .
    Last edited by dahreno; 12-10-2013 at 03:49 AM.

Your rig is looking pretty sweet!
    “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.”

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...
    Explore. Dream. Discover."

"Take a compass, because it's always awkward when you have to eat a friend."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123