Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On board air help arb vs viair?

On board air help arb vs viair?

Well after going on my first off road adventure at Last Chance Canyon, I'm sprung like a 16 year old girl! When we finished the run I was shocked because I really wasn't familiar with everybody airing up, I was going to go to the gas station (Yes, up until this point I have been a HABITUAL Mall Crawler). I am now looking to put on board air on my rig (In addition to 10 other things) and am not sure which route to go. I want something with power that will air up my 38's reasonably quick. I am looking at the ARB twin or the Viair extreme duty. I don't know much about these and it looks like the ARB would be easier to mount, could someone educate me on which one would be better/faster? I am looking to keep it to around $600. My Unlimited is a 13.

Thankis
    2010, 2012, 2013 Rubicons Sold

Current- 2014 SRT8

Incoming- 2015 Rubicon

R.I.P.- My Beloved Tank

-
    Vette read through this thread it might answer your question.

R/
    Will

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?1...hlight=onboard

Quote Originally Posted by Canvas JK View Post
    Vette read through this thread it might answer your question.

R/
    Will

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?1...hlight=onboard
    Thanks Canvas, I saw that but wanted to compare the ARB twin vs the Viair extreme. I would lover to have the WARN power Plant but at $1850 that's $850 more than the Recon 10,500 with synthetic line and a 3 year warranty and the ARB Twin (Not that I'm comparing the Recon to the Warn).

Current- 2014 SRT8

Incoming- 2015 Rubicon

R.I.P.- My Beloved Tank

both are great OBA set ups. i personally run the arb twin in my '11 under the hood with the MORE mount. it cost me just under $600 thru northridge with tthe promo codes and deals. fills up my 35's in just over a min. i also run my air locker off of it. my set up is below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Hooked
    I like that setup^

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    both are great OBA set ups. i personally run the arb twin in my '11 under the hood with the MORE mount. it cost me just under $600 thru northridge with tthe promo codes and deals. fills up my 35's in just over a min. i also run my air locker off of it. my set up is below.
    Would you say that your happy with the power output or wish it had more? By the time I add the Hose, gauge, and mounting bracket its about $75 more than the Viair Extreme, and it looks like the Extreme has more power (Still trying to figure out the cfm etc).

Current- 2014 SRT8

Incoming- 2015 Rubicon

R.I.P.- My Beloved Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Vettethret View Post
    Would you say that your happy with the power output or wish it had more? By the time I add the Hose, gauge, and mounting bracket its about $75 more than the Viair Extreme, and it looks like the Extreme has more power (Still trying to figure out the cfm etc).
    I have only used it a few times to fill up my tires for fun since it is such a recent addition to my jeep but I am very happy with the power output. It filled up my tires quicker than expected (was expecting 2 mins or more)

Sent from my iPhone
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-

jlwrangler.com

I have only used it a few times to fill up my tires for fun since it is such a recent addition to my jeep but I am very happy with the power output. It filled up my tires quicker than expected (was expecting 2 mins or more)

Sent from my iPhone
    Thats good to hear, looks like it will be the ARB twin. Thanks for your input

Current- 2014 SRT8

Incoming- 2015 Rubicon

R.I.P.- My Beloved Tank

Nothing but a Thing Zstairlessone's Avatar

Sent from my iPhone
    How loud is it in the cab when you run the compressor?

Quote Originally Posted by Zstairlessone View Post
    How loud is it in the cab when you run the compressor?
    It is located under the hood and only switched it on once while at a light cause I was bored but it was on for a second to fill up the mini manifold that is there then shuts right off. Not loud at all when I did it.

Sent from my iPhone

2011 JK

Awaiting install-
    On Order-

jlwrangler.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast