The Buddy System

Aeraun

Thanks for posting again, something we should all have in the back of our mind so we don't make mistakes that could land us in such a situation

The Force will be with you.... always

Sharkey

Word Ninja
^^^ Yep.

They are lucky they didn't end up like the Stolpas (or worse.) You don't head miles out into the desolate Nevada desert with only one vehicle, in the middle of a cold spell after it snows, unless you are fully prepared to keep yourself alive comfortably for many, many days. I still haven't heard a good explanation for why they had more bodies than seat belts. I'm not trying to be harsh, but they are lucky to be alive and the actions of the adults were foolish and dangerous. If you want to do something dangerous and stupid, fine. But, don't drag four kids along with you.

Krieger

Sorry for the repost I didn't see it yesterday. I read this and thought of a guy that I've bumped into a few times and he likes to go out alone. I've told him it was a bad idea but I don't think he took me serous. I should send him this article.

Moochie

2 adults and 4 young children in a TJ. This guy was an idiot before he ever decided to go play in the snow.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
2 adults and 4 young children in a TJ. This guy was an idiot before he ever decided to go play in the snow.

X2! Just like that guy last year that was on the closed ski slope. I didn't see the picture of the TJ yesterday when I read the article.

David1tontj

And there is only 4 seatbelts in a Tj... I thought they seated 5 when I bought mine... Disappointed to find out it was only 4...

He could have righted the jeep if he had 4 things I never wheel without... a shovel, a spare tire, a winch, and a snatch block.... But that is an advanced recovery that I'm not sure he has the mental capacity for..

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

Top Bottom