Transmission Question

payo72

Hello,

I have an 2009 JK, automatic, 2 door. I just had the tranny rebuild 10/30/2013. On Tuesday, 12/10/2013, driving to work, I noticed it was not shifting. At 40mph, I was at 4000rpm. So, I called the shop, they say everything is under warranty, even the labor, so I take it in. On Thursday, they say it was a bad solenoid they were going to replace, would have an electrician look at it & we would be back on road by Friday. Friday, they say the part did not come in, but it should be there Saturday. The shop is usually closed, but the owner would be there.

So, now it's Saturday. My husband calls & owner says he isn't sure what is wrong, it is throwing codes, the solenoid is not getting signal from computer & that could be $400 and they were going to test on Monday. I'm pissed!

So my questions are: do computers just go bad suddenly? I have been driving daily since the initial pick up on 10/30/2013. After we picked it up, we had codes read at the Kragen/Chiefs up the street and it showed the EVAP code which I don't think has anything to do with the tranny.

What other symptoms would I have it it was the computer? The only other issue I have is the slight wobble at 52-55mph, which does not relate to the tranny because I have had this since day 1.

Any input on this would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.

TheDuff

Either of these codes?

From service manual:

P0883 - TCM Power Input High

Theory of Operation

The Transmission Control Output circuit is used to supply power to the Transmission Solenoid/Pressure Switch Assembly, Powertrain Control Module (PCM) and the LP VFS Solenoid when in normal operating mode. The purpose of the Transmission Output circuit is to allow the Transmission Control System to turn off the power to the Transmission Solenoid/pressure Switch Assembly in the event that the transmission should need to be placed into limp-in mode due to a DTC.
After a PCM reset, (ignition switch turned to the run position, or after cranking the engine) the Transmission Control System verifies that the Transmission Output circuit is open by checking for voltage on the Transmission Output circuits before the Transmission Control System request for the circuit to be powered up. The request is sent by a direct circuit control from the PCM to the TIPM. If voltage is detected on the Transmission Output circuits before the request is sent, the DTC will set.

When Monitored: When the ignition is turned from "OFF" position to "RUN" position and/or the ignition is turned from "START" position to "RUN" position.
Set Condition: This DTC is set if the Powertrain Control Module senses greater than 3.0 volts on the Transmission Control Relay Output circuits prior to a request from the PCM to TIPM to energize the Transmission Output circuits.

Possible Causes
TIPM DTCS PRESENT
(T15) TRANSMISSION CONTROL CIRCUIT SHORT TO VOLTAGE
(T16) TRANSMISSION CONTROL OUTPUT CIRCUIT SHORT VOLTAGE
TRANSMISSION SOLENOID/PRESSURE SWITCH ASSEMBLY
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE

C101C-RIGHT FRONT WHEEL SPEED SENSOR SIGNAL ERRATIC PERFORMANCE

Set Condition: When the Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor (WSS) Signal is intermittently missing while vehicle speed is above 40 km/h (25 mph) or erratic wheel speed signal during acceleration or sensed wheel speed is different from other wheels.

Possible Causes
RIGHT FRONT WSS LOOSE — B6, B7 CIRCUITS/CONNECTOR/TERMINAL DAMAGE
RIGHT FRONT TONE WHEEL DAMAGE
RIGHT FRONT WHEEL/BEARING DAMAGE
IMPROPER RIGHT FRONT TIRE PRESSURE/MISMATCHED TIRES
RIGHT FRONT WSS
ANTI-LOCK BRAKE MODULE

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom