NEW 2014 Jeep BU Jeepster

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it's finally been unveiled - the all new "B-Jeep" or "mini-Jeep" that's been rumored for a while now is now going to carry the name "Jeepster" as in what the old Willys-Overland car was once called. Basically, it'll be a Fiat 500X with a Jeep body and is intended for international markets with a possibility of it being exported to the USA. Check it out...

Jeepster's the Name
3-4.jpg

The new subcompact Jeep, developed in India and Auburn Hills, will be called Jeepster, according to multiple sources, including an Australian dealer who saw the car.

The name, taken from a classic Willys-Overland car intended to expand Jeep beyond farmers, postal workers, and a small number of enthusiasts, has been applied to at least one concept of the 1990s, and had been rumored for over a year to be attached to the “BU”-coded mini-SUV.

Jeepster was codeveloped with the Fiat 500X crossover, and is based on existing, but reportedly heavily modified, Fiat dimensions and architectures. The vehicle reportedly took longer than planned to create, as Jeep executives insisted on higher capabilities than the original plans could provide. Many observers expect it to at least match KL Cherokee’s off-road capacity, which has been praised by numerous off-road magazine writers.

The car is now expected to be unveiled in the Geneva (Europe) auto show during calendar-year 2014. It is to be built in Italy, at a Fiat plant, and sold mainly in Europe and Asia, with possible exports to North America as well. Brazil is expected to produce its own version. A Fiat four-cylinder diesel is certain to power the Jeepster in Europe and India, likely alongside a Fiat four-cylinder gasoline engine; powertrains for North America are still a matter of conjecture. It will not be the first Jeep to be built outside the United States and imported in; before Chrysler purchased AMC, Wranglers were built in Canada for seven years, rather than in Ohio.

The whole article can be found here:
http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2013/12/jeepsters-the-name

rfoust

Someone discovered the "Stretch" feature in photoshop. :) Also, it kinda reminds me of a Delorean but not sure why.

-Robbie

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I like it.. Jeep has always made different versions. Not just a wrangler platform. I'd buy it if the mileage was decent...

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I like it.. Jeep has always made different versions. Not just a wrangler platform. I'd buy it if the mileage was decent...

I'm leaning in this direction. It reminds of a desert racer or a Mad Max car. Like the one that you can go build yourself (the company name escapes me right now.)

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Looks pretty cool. Not something a true Jeeper would look for as it is a far cry from a Wrangler. But as a gear head I would love to have one. Looks like a real life Hot Wheels for crying out loud! 👍;)

DownHillTurbo

Does anyone remember that 1990s tv show that starred the Dodge Viper? When the Viper went offroad, the tires would change to 33" mudders.
...that's what it reminds me of.

Top Bottom