Lets see your work shop or garage

As the title suggests, lets see em.

I'm trying to gather as many ideas and hints as I possibly can. I want to build a 40x60x16 work shop. I was originally planning on a metal building but the prices are outrages. I know I can frame a stick shop and save some coin doing it myself, so that's the plan for now.
My two car garage with its 7' door opening is not cutting it.....

Anyway. Here is my garage. The previous owner of my house built the home/ garage with an office in the garage. I figure a tool room makes more sense than an office in the garage so that's what I did. Plus I liked the added security of a locked room for my tools within a locked garage. Yeah I'm paranoid....
IMG_1393.jpg
IMG_1782.jpg
IMG_1783.jpg
IMG_1080.jpg

It would also be cool to see your work benches, shop equipment and layout.

If this belongs in a different forum I apologize. I wasn't sure if this should be "tech" or not. lol

2trackin

Man cave/garage/workshop still in the works.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1387365806732.jpg
    1387365806732.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 1,175

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
once my roommates crap is out of my garage, and I clean it ill take some pics. Its my workshop but sadly the jeep doesnt fit through the door. It also has a very low ceiling. Bought the house when all I owned was very low cars and never thought about it.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
once my roommates crap is out of my garage, and I clean it ill take some pics. Its my workshop but sadly the jeep doesnt fit through the door. It also has a very low ceiling. Bought the house when all I owned was very low cars and never thought about it.

lol! tell em to clean it up asap and get rid of that car out back

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a shot of my new garage...

main.php

Still cleaning it out and getting things setup but, here's a shot inside...
main.php

:cool:

It was already on the property when they purchased it.

When designing your garage go with 2x6 exterior walls. this will allow for R-19 insulation. Also on the wall you plan on putting cabinets on run 2x6 blocking in between the studs, this will allow you to hang cabinets with having to search for studs. Depending on how you lay out the foundation allow for a minimum of 2 ft on eith side of the garage door for door clearance. Also do not go any smaller than a 10 ft wide door. Anything smaller it will be tight getting any vehicle in there. My shop/man cave is going to be 32x60x12 with only two bays and a 30x20 actual shop where I can do woodworking or just hang out with storage above the actual shop.

R/
Will

JKFlyer

Wayoflife.....I saw that in ur other thread but holy $hit...now that is a garage!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

bl17z90

Where do you get your money. man wish I had half that you have

People have called them out on youtube before saying they are rich but Eddie always answers with saying that they have worked hard all of their lives to earn what they have. I don't know the man so I can't speak for him but anything is achievable if you have the drive to go out and find a way to get it.

People have called them out on youtube before saying they are rich but Eddie always answers with saying that they have worked hard all of their lives to earn what they have. I don't know the man so I can't speak for him but anything is achievable if you have the drive to go out and find a way to get it.

:like: Well said!

Why does it matter?

Wasn't outlaw just saying/complementing Wayoflife for having nice things?

Anyway.
Jeepsterchris. Nice commandos!

Top Bottom