What's the most important thing to pack before heading to the trail?

BBG

Okay guys list the 5 most important things to take with you when you go wheeling?

904Jeep

The trails I regularly go to aren't too far away from home (2-2:30hr drives) or far from a main road. That being said the 5 things I always pack with me are:
1. Tools, I have a 301 piece mechanics tool set that can be used to work on almost anything on a jeep.

2. Recovery gear. I don't have a winch so I'm limited to two 2"x30ft tow straps and d-rings.

3. Spare fluids. I carry enough gear oil to fill one differential, 1qt engine oil, Brake fluid, spare spark plugs and wires.

4. Food and water. I always pack more then enough water and bring plenty of snacks.

5. Another Jeep. Not sure if this counts as something to pack but I always wheel with another jeep. Never good to break down alone or not have someone to assist with recovery. Especially when I don't have a winch.

jkjurny

I usually pack my camping gear along with what has already been said. Just a small 2 man tent, a couple of sleeping bags plus flashlight, first aid.

If in a national forest, my gun.

DJKU09

You all are forgetting the most important thing.. Beer:beer::beer:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wizard

1. First aid kit (it's always packed)
  2. Recovery gear
  3. GPS/navigator/mapping (don't wanna get lost)
  4. Fridge or esky (gotta keep the drinks cold)
  5. Drinks/Food

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
1. water/food
2. a full compliment of spare fluids. You can’t fabricate fluid not the trail.
3. spare parts, mainly axles, unit bearing, bolts.
4. cell phone
5. the most important- toilet paper/wipes.

SDG

Caught the Bug
I would add that a critical element of every first aid kit should be a new unopened tube of superglue...

Can really save your ass if you get a deep cut.

MTG

Caught the Bug
1. Wayoflife
2. Moochie
3. Sharkey
4. McPuck/Ramin/Jeepfan (the holy trinity only counts as 1)
5. any of the other regular guys you can count on to have a good time and fix any problems that may arise.

:cheesy:

Tools, spare parts/fluids, food/water, shelter and a good attitude (see GCM 2 I was paying attention ;)).

Edit: I'd like to add a SPOT device or a sat phone, but I generally only get out with other people so I haven't felt the need yet.

munstie

1. Wayoflife
2. Moochie
3. Sharkey
5. any of the other regular guys you can count on to have a good time and fix any problems that may arise.

Tools, spare parts/fluids, food/water, shelter and a good attitude (see GCM 2 I was paying attention ;)).

Edit: I'd like to add a SPOT device or a sat phone, but I generally only get out with other people so I haven't felt the need yet.

Definitely sounds like a wheeling (overland):rolleyes: trip I'd like to be on.

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
1. Wayoflife
2. Moochie
3. Sharkey

No mention of me? Wtf? You must not know how to have a good time.

MTG

Caught the Bug
No mention of me? Wtf? You must not know how to have a good time.

Who the F are you? :idontknow:

You fall under #5...sort of...well maybe...okay...probably not. :cheesy:

If I said "any of the other regular guys you can count on to have a good time OR fix any problems that may arise." You'd be in for sure. :thumb:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Who the F are you? :idontknow:

You fall under #5...sort of...well maybe...okay...probably not. :cheesy:

If I said "any of the other regular guys you can count on to have a good time OR fix any problems that may arise." You'd be in for sure. :thumb:

You didn't make my list either since you cancel. ;)

Top Bottom