Military Trailers PICS or utility

Tazman904

I am looking to run a trailer for wheeling and camping. I was thinking a smaller military one that matches the jeep. So lets see those trailer pic set ups!

I was thinking like this one:
photo-36-1.JPG

Thanks, Steve

2trackin

Just remember those were built for a 24 volt electrical system. You'll need to install new lights and turn signals.
Not a big deal though.
They aren't the best at going backwards.
But they do follow nicely down the trail.
I'd definitely pick one up at a cheap price if I found another.
Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Army_Vet

Banned
Also keep in mind these are HEAVY! Also not that big of a deal; but just wanted you to know.

Being that it is heavy, it is also heavy duty. and bouncing down a trail that is what you would like in a trailer.

It looks as if the lights have already been converted, and the original tongue has been changed to a ball and receiver; I would honestly change it back to the lunette style it I were taking it on the trail.
Like these
View attachment 60844
View attachment 60845

Last edited:

jnr0104

No they aren't . I have pulled them behind at least 7 of my 15 jeeps over the years. Do Remember however that these trailers are 1/4 ton capacity, 500lb. and unless you do it yourself no tailgate. But they are super tough.

Benny

m38's

The little M416's and the Canadian 101's are getting pretty tough to find nowadays. Average price for one in good shape are about $800 and up.
As for pulling behind a TJ, I'd say you're fine. They were pulled behind the willy's M38's. Here's mine.
IMG_1180.jpg

Top Bottom