Thumping noise in rear end

ryanh_99

My Jeep JKUR has developed an unfamiliar noise when I'm turning corners. When I round a corner, I hear and feel a bit of a thumping noise from the rear-end. Seems like it alternates in that if I hear it when I'm turning left, I won't hear it again if my next turn is left. However if I'm turning right after having turned left I will hear it and vice versa. My inclination is that it's a differential issue. Anyone else ever had this issue? Any suggestions?

Interesting update. I wondered if there was something getting hung up with my locker, so I engaged the locker drove it a few hundred yards, then disengaged the locker. It seemed to clear up the problem for about a day. Now the problem is backed. I talked to my Jeep dealer...no help at all. They said they could fit it in after the New Year.

Last edited:

mtnbiker995

I had something extremely similar to this and the cross pin through my spider gears was sheared in half

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mtnbiker995

Edit: sorry I didn't register you said jkur so you have a locker not spider gears. Nevermind that post haha

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom