RCV's and hubs ?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, they make a set for the spyntec set up

Remind me again just how much Spyntec's are? Maybe it's just me but I think I would take a ProRock 44 over locking hubs any day of the week. But then, that's just me. :crazyeyes:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Remind me again just how much Spyntec's are? Maybe it's just me but I think I would take a ProRock 44 over locking hubs any day of the week. But then, that's just me. :crazyeyes:

About the price of a pr44 housing. Maybe a built one after adding rcv's, rear shafts, rims

Last edited:

Elusive

at that point your way way ahead welding the outer C's from an old chevy or ford to your axle. (or ordering it that way from dynatrac)
I once cut the older C's off a junk yard 44 and had the inner diameter of the tube inside the cut off part machined to press on the end of a TJ axle. It ended up 5 on 5.5 pattern with hubs for about $300.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
at that point your way way ahead welding the outer C's from an old chevy or ford to your axle. (or ordering it that way from dynatrac)
I once cut the older C's off a junk yard 44 and had the inner diameter of the tube inside the cut off part machined to press on the end of a TJ axle. It ended up 5 on 5.5 pattern with hubs for about $300.

Welding c's on shitty axle tubes? No thanks. I sold the hubs to save for a PR44.

Elusive

Welding c's on shitty axle tubes? No thanks. I sold the hubs to save for a PR44.

yup. and I had to truss the hell out of it.
eventually I sold it and just built a junk yard 3/4 ton 44 from a ford that was a lot stronger.
I really enjoy building axles so a lot of this was just me putzing in the garage.
I once took a bent rubi housing and cut the tubes off at the housing. I bored the housing to accept tubes and C's from a ford axle that were cut to JK spec so it used off the shelf JK parts. I only had about $250 into the housing with the stronger C's.
the hub kits are just too much money and the 5 on 4.5" hubs are too weak to take off road.

mrmet1983

That's me too !! I'll be ordering my PR44 in a few weeks

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

Top Bottom