E-Tox starter bolts

jku_robert

so i was working on my bro in law 98 TJ and the starter bolts are seized. I tried using my cordless impact and it didnt even move. Now the head is rounded out and i have no idea how to get it out. HELP PLEASE

gtony12

Caught the Bug
They have sockets that work on rounded off bolts. also you can file the bolt head square again. Try penatrating oil before you try and loosen again. Or you can try heating up the bolt see if it will expand enough to break loose. Just some ideas. Hope it helps.:thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Bolt extractor.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1388287366278.jpg
    1388287366278.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 82

10frank9

Web Wheeler
What Tony said. I bought a kit relatively cheap from Autozone. I even take them out on the trail just in case.

Army_Vet

Banned
View attachment 61871

I have had great success with these in tight spaces; and the sockets as stated above.

another trick I have done with great success is to cut the heads off with a die grinder with cut off wheel attachment slide the part off the remaining stud, the use heat and a pair of vise grips on the stud.

If you use the socket alone, it may snap the bolt off clean at the bell housing, then you have another set of problems.... so use caution

jku_robert

Sorry a little late to reply but just a update the bolts are rounded out I think my only option is to cut it off weld a nut to it and hope it comes out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Elusive

the bolt will spin right out once the torque is off it. Cut off the head, remove the starter, and take the stud out with vice grips.

Army_Vet

Banned
the bolt will spin right out once the torque is off it. Cut off the head, remove the starter, and take the stud out with vice grips.

I said this already..... I didn't reiterate, cause I wanted to see if he would say the loose starter made it difficult to hold the nut on there to weld it....:thinking:
:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Top Bottom