So pissed off!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
So, I am supposed to take delivery tomorrow on My new 2014 JKU in Anvil with half doors. Everything has been done, signed, and ready to go for 3 days. It is being picked up from Virginia (closest Anvil with half doors they could find). I get a call from the dealership today. Their guy shows up to pick up the vehicle, and its nowhere to be found. The manager calls the dealership, and was informed they sold it. They freaking sold it! I've already got a contract 3 days ago that says I own the vehicle. Everything was done, I didn't even know they could do that! I was under the assumption once a contract is signed, the vehicle is sold. The dealership they were getting it from says they were unaware that their sister dealership sold it as well. Either way, its gone; off the lot and in someone's driveway already. At least this dealership is trying to make it right. They have spent most of the day trying to locate another one, but cannot find another Anvil JKU with half doors. They offered me any JK on their lot at cost, plus incentives and dealer discounts, so the purchase price will actually be below cost. They are looking for the same JKU half doors in Granite Crystal Pearl (my second color choice) or possibly black. The only other option is to order one, which would be a 6-8 week delivery. Ahh! So frustrated!! Sorry Wayalifers, just have to vent! What to do now?

CCTX50

Order!!! I ordered a 13 JKUR and it took less than four weeks to get. Plus I got exactly what I wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jkjurny

Take the deal. Then spend what you save on the half doors. Push the dealership and see if they'll throw in more cash back so you can buy the half doors yourself!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Man that blows I hate it for you Joe! That is fricken ridiculous. I was at JT's tonight looking at that Sahara 2 door we were talking about today and spied a Billet or Granite 4 door with a soft top and hard doors.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
that sucks! i'd order. see how much the friends and family price is, it should be 1% below dealer cost.

JKFlyer

In the long run, its worth the wait for what u really want.!! I smell some serious free upgrades from dealer!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
That sucks. I'd probably make them order me a new one and shoot for some discounted stuff for my hassle.

Brankz

tell them to order you a rubicon x package at their cost..

What he says ^^^^^^^
Tell them that you need a rubicon at there cost and you want to get free service for x amount of months.....

They can do it because you can sue them :yup:

King Con

How far do you want to travel? I drive by a Anvil JKU with black top and fenders for the last two weeks every day going to work. The downside it is sitting in Rock Springs, WY at Fremont Motors. Tell your dealer to trade with them and have it shipped. I have checked shipping costs before and it is usually between 700 to 1,000 bucks. Make the dealer eat it if they want your business.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
How far do you want to travel? I drive by a Anvil JKU with black top and fenders for the last two weeks every day going to work. The downside it is sitting in Rock Springs, WY at Fremont Motors. Tell your dealer to trade with them and have it shipped. I have checked shipping costs before and it is usually between 700 to 1,000 bucks. Make the dealer eat it if they want your business.

is yours that rubicon x with a lift that i seen? and that anvil at fremont is pretty nice..

JK-JOHN-E

If you don't mind waiting, order it...It'll give you something to look forward to. Tell the dealer for the mistake, as long as they split Holdback with you, you'll do business with them, otherwise shop a little more:yup:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Good morning all! Thanks for the suggestions. I'm headed back to the dealership this afternoon to see what they can do. Considering seeing if they can order at cost, or get one from another dealer at cost. Unless they crap another one close by with half doors in Anvil or Granite, I think ordering is the only option. I don't mind the wait. I really don't need the extra seat until April/may time frame.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Man that blows I hate it for you Joe! That is fricken ridiculous. I was at JT's tonight looking at that Sahara 2 door we were talking about today and spied a Billet or Granite 4 door with a soft top and hard doors.

The Sahara Tan one on 35s? That one is pretty sweet. I really like that color. They found a dune with half doors, but I looked at the color in person. Wasn't my cup of tea, especially when sitting right next to the Sahara tan one.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
That sucks. I'd probably make them order me a new one and shoot for some discounted stuff for my hassle.

^^^ exactly. Order it and get what you truly want. You are spending a ton of cash and you will never be completely happy if you don’t get everything you want. A few weeks waiting will make you appreciate it that much more. :yup:

KPM171

If you can stand the waiting, customer order the exact one you want from the factory and have your dealership honor their 'at cost, plus incentives and dealer discounts' purchase price on it. Glad you are working with a dealership that admits something wrong happened, owns up to it, and is trying to make it right.

If you can't, use the shotgun approach and get close enough. By that I mean snag the color/trans/trim and as many of the options you want that you can find. Then mod the rest starting with a set of half doors.

Good luck! :thumb:

Buick Guy

That sucks this happened to you and I know exactly how you feel :mad: when we got my wife's 2013 JK last year we had the same issue, picked out a True Blue with the options she wanted, the next day they went to pick it up and it was gone. They had the nerve to call and tell us they found another one but it had several more options and was going to cost us x amount more, I told them to take a hike and toss our paper work. They called back 15 minutes later offering it to us at the original agreed upon price and threw in Jeep hoodies, key chains and some oil changes for our trouble. Good luck and don't settle for less than you want.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Well, looks like it turned out well. Thanks for all of your advice. I ended up ordering a 2014 JKU in Granite. Half doors, 430 radio, alpine premium system, 3.73 gears, trac loc rear diff, tow package, satellite radio, slush mats, connectivity, pretty much whatever options were available on a 24C package. Got it for at cost, plus military discount, a dealer discount, and split holdback. In addition, they threw an extra grand onto the trade in value of my Jeep, so getting 23k for it (only has 10K payoff). When all was said and done, I got a great deal and got exactly what I wanted. Plus free 7 year bumper to bumper warranty and 2 years free services (at that dealership). Great way to bring in the new year! Should be here in 4-6 weeks.

Top Bottom