good or bad buy?

MayaItani

I recently sold my 09 jeep and am looking to find a new one. Its been real stressful trying to right the right jeep due to the expense and I've become quite picky. I have been looking at a 2008 4 door jk but I'm not exactly set on it yet but i can get it for 17 grand which is in my price range.

Earlier today i came across a 2011 black 4 door sahara with a hard top(what i wanted from the get go), it has around 80,000 miles on it and the doors all need to be replaced. Also, the fenders need to be replaced. It has leather and power window and locks(not use to the luxury in jeeps haha) if i can get the sahara for around 16-18 grand then replace what needs to replace, would it be worth it? or with all the replacements would it be just a ridiculous idea and cost more than what i am comfortable spending… and if i do choose to get the sahara where can i look to buy new stock doors that aren't really expensive.. the ones i have seen are at a cost of about 750 each door which is.. ALOT.

I need help, it would be awesome to get others opinions and options. Things have been tough the past month and I'm looking to finally do things to make up for it. Thanks y'all!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I recently sold my 09 jeep and am looking to find a new one. Its been real stressful trying to right the right jeep due to the expense and I've become quite picky. I have been looking at a 2008 4 door jk but I'm not exactly set on it yet but i can get it for 17 grand which is in my price range.

Earlier today i came across a 2011 black 4 door sahara with a hard top(what i wanted from the get go), it has around 80,000 miles on it and the doors all need to be replaced. Also, the fenders need to be replaced. It has leather and power window and locks(not use to the luxury in jeeps haha) if i can get the sahara for around 16-18 grand then replace what needs to replace, would it be worth it? or with all the replacements would it be just a ridiculous idea and cost more than what i am comfortable spending… and if i do choose to get the sahara where can i look to buy new stock doors that aren't really expensive.. the ones i have seen are at a cost of about 750 each door which is.. ALOT.

I need help, it would be awesome to get others opinions and options. Things have been tough the past month and I'm looking to finally do things to make up for it. Thanks y'all!

17k for a Sahara that is beat to shit with 80k miles. No don't buy it.

For 10 grand more you could get a 2014 sport and if you have to finance it'll be better interest and 6 years if you want.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
The doors need to be replaced?

I would be VERY weary of that Jeep. The lack of care for the outside probably let you know how they took care of the Jeep (inside/ engine). Be patient, shop around and look for the best deal for the best Jeep. Just my 2 cents.....

MayaItani

The doors need to be replaced?

I would be VERY weary of that Jeep. The lack of care for the outside probably let you know how they took care of the Jeep (inside/ engine). Be patient, shop around and look for the best deal for the best Jeep. Just my 2 cents.....

I am sort of questioning it, I think it's been rolled over but the inside is very clean(that doesn't mean anything though obviously). The lack of good treatment the owner had does question me I'm just trying to find what I want at the right price.

JKFlyer

Run and don't look back
In the end it smells like big trouble

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
IMO...I would never do a 6 or 7 year loan. There are people out there that lease a jeep for two to three years, add tons of mods, then turn around and "return to stock". I don't get that shit. Or they lease it for said amount then turn around and get a loan for say five years...on it. I would really have to like something to pay longer and the extra money. What kinda financing could you get on an 2008? I am assuming there is a cap on length of loan on an older vehicle, and if not you would probably pay a higher interest rate. I would definitely compare options. For something for around 17,000 you could get reasonable payment on a three year loan and if you have excellent credit would get you a lower interest as well. I don't know your finances or situation just giving you some options as well.

MayaItani

IMO...I would never do a 6 or 7 year loan. There are people out there that lease a jeep for two to three years, add tons of mods, then turn around and "return to stock". I don't get that shit. Or they lease it for said amount then turn around and get a loan for say five years...on it. I would really have to like something to pay longer and the extra money. What kinda financing could you get on an 2008? I am assuming there is a cap on length of loan on an older vehicle, and if not you would probably pay a higher interest rate. I would definitely compare options. For something for around 17,000 you could get reasonable payment on a three year loan and if you have excellent credit would get you a lower interest as well. I don't know your finances or situation just giving you some options as well.

My main issue with a newer jeep is that I do not want to get a loan and have to finance for a long time.

Jeepmaverick

Be patient. If you rush into it you will regret it. Hold out till you find the one you want that you don't have to put another 3-5 thousand into...especially doors.

StrizzyChris

I wouldnt even look twice at it for that price. I saw an 08 with less miles but needed 1 door replaced due to denting in the middle of the door and the hood looked like hell from hail damage. fenders and everything else was fine and he was selling for 12k (appropriate price for the damage). 17 or 18 K is WAY too high for the amount of damage listed. You could easily fine one needing no repairs and never damaged for that price if you look long and hard enough.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
As everyone else said I would wait and keep looking. There are tons out there

Sent from my iPhone

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Patience grasshopper. The right JK for you is out there. You have chosen the path you want. Don't let temptation steer you down the wrong rock strewn trail. Good luck!;)

catahoula

Caught the Bug
My main issue with a newer jeep is that I do not want to get a loan and have to finance for a long time.

cash no financing should help the negotiating and score a lower price. like some have posted there are good deals out there. Some too good to be true and if true they go fast.

MayaItani

The only reason why I was considering the Sahara is because I just thought if I got it for cheap I could fix it up but maybe I jumped to assumptions on it and didn't think it through. This jeep looks severely damaged and most likely was involved in a bad wreck

Top Bottom