Pro cal and bully dog tuner

Angry Aussie

Can I run a pro cal along with the bully dog tuner? Or would two different tuners cause problems? I have the bully dog tuner in now and got the procal for Christmas present, I just wanna make sure before I do anything.

jeffd

The procal is not really a tuner and from what Dave at AEV says it does not get far enough into your ecm to effect anything that Chrysler does not want you to mess with so I think the Bullydog does so I can not see why they would not work together.

jkjurny

You can get the bully Dog watchdog. It'll give you the monitor capability if the tuner. The. You use the ProCal to adjust the JK.

huggysjk

I bought a 2012 JKUR it had the procal used on it, in it. I did nothing with it still have the box etc never touched it. I just bought and used the Bully Dog GT tuner for jeeps. Downloaded the tuner used all the functions etc not a problem. Not sure what I will do with the Procal now. The tuner downloaded, installed with no problems. Leaving whatever the Procal previously had settings in Jeep. I believe the same the Procal dossn't get into Jeep programming deep enough.

jkjurny

I bought a 2012 JKUR it had the procal used on it, in it. I did nothing with it still have the box etc never touched it. I just bought and used the Bully Dog GT tuner for jeeps. Downloaded the tuner used all the functions etc not a problem. Not sure what I will do with the Procal now. The tuner downloaded, installed with no problems. Leaving whatever the Procal previously had settings in Jeep. I believe the same the Procal dossn't get into Jeep programming deep enough.

You'll need to uninstall the ProCal before you can sell it. To be safe, you should probably uninstall the Bully Dog, then uninstall the ProCal. Then reinstall the Bully Dog.

huggysjk

Oops sorry sent to soon. Yeah wondered about uninstalling Procal. Haven't thought about selling it but maybe someone could use it. Everything works on Bully Dog for now. When i get a chance will look at uninstalling Procal. Thanks

Mustafa

Bullydog vs Pro cal

As far as the pro-cal goes I know nothing, but the Bullydog tuner for jeep will reprogram your computer so "stacking" the two will not work ,One would cancel the other out. I have been wanting the Bullydog but noticed if I want to unlock the swaybar or lockers I have to do so from the head unit... I have been told that with the Aev you can still use the factory buttons. Any truth to this ? that will be the deciding factor for me.

jkjurny

As far as the pro-cal goes I know nothing, but the Bullydog tuner for jeep will reprogram your computer so "stacking" the two will not work ,One would cancel the other out. I have been wanting the Bullydog but noticed if I want to unlock the swaybar or lockers I have to do so from the head unit... I have been told that with the Aev you can still use the factory buttons. Any truth to this ? that will be the deciding factor for me.

You can do it from both. Just need to use the unit if you want to lock or disco outside of the Jeeps safety parameters, like while in 4Hi.

Top Bottom