Thread: Bolt on coilovers on a 2 door

Bolt on coilovers on a 2 door

ok im thinking out loud here as i dont think i will ever need coilovers being from the east coast but hopefully this can help other 2 door owners looking into coilovers.

my main concern is with the rear. of course the best course of action to solve that would be the evo lever but lets pretend it is out of ones budget. do you have to cut into the tub and mount the coilovers inside or can you mount it in the factory location? could you run 12" bolt on up front and still obtain the same amount of travel with say the 10" bolt ons in the rear? is it best to keep things even by doing 10, 12, or 14" f/r instead of doing what i said prior? i ask cause us 2 door guys dont have a lot of trunk room so obviously cutting into the tub is a no no.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    ok im thinking out loud here as i dont think i will ever need coilovers being from the east coast but hopefully this can help other 2 door owners looking into coilovers.

my main concern is with the rear. of course the best course of action to solve that would be the evo lever but lets pretend it is out of ones budget. do you have to cut into the tub and mount the coilovers inside or can you mount it in the factory location? could you run 12" bolt on up front and still obtain the same amount of travel with say the 10" bolt ons in the rear? is it best to keep things even by doing 10, 12, or 14" f/r instead of doing what i said prior? i ask cause us 2 door guys dont have a lot of trunk room so obviously cutting into the tub is a no no.
    The EVO bolt on kit doesn't require any cutting into the tub.

Quote Originally Posted by Atch View Post
    The EVO bolt on kit doesn't require any cutting into the tub.
    well that sums it up nicely lol makes me feel a little silly but we live and learn. i figured it did but i guess i thought that because of all the stretchs that have been done.

thanks Atch!
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

After reading many posts, and exchanging a few pms with eddie, ultimately this is the route ill be going myself, thats a long ways down the line though. I did price it out and was surprised, i thought it would be more expensive to do...