Bolt on coilovers on a 2 door

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
ok im thinking out loud here as i dont think i will ever need coilovers being from the east coast but hopefully this can help other 2 door owners looking into coilovers.

my main concern is with the rear. of course the best course of action to solve that would be the evo lever but lets pretend it is out of ones budget. do you have to cut into the tub and mount the coilovers inside or can you mount it in the factory location? could you run 12" bolt on up front and still obtain the same amount of travel with say the 10" bolt ons in the rear? is it best to keep things even by doing 10, 12, or 14" f/r instead of doing what i said prior? i ask cause us 2 door guys dont have a lot of trunk room so obviously cutting into the tub is a no no.

Atch

ok im thinking out loud here as i dont think i will ever need coilovers being from the east coast but hopefully this can help other 2 door owners looking into coilovers.

my main concern is with the rear. of course the best course of action to solve that would be the evo lever but lets pretend it is out of ones budget. do you have to cut into the tub and mount the coilovers inside or can you mount it in the factory location? could you run 12" bolt on up front and still obtain the same amount of travel with say the 10" bolt ons in the rear? is it best to keep things even by doing 10, 12, or 14" f/r instead of doing what i said prior? i ask cause us 2 door guys dont have a lot of trunk room so obviously cutting into the tub is a no no.

The EVO bolt on kit doesn't require any cutting into the tub.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The EVO bolt on kit doesn't require any cutting into the tub.

well that sums it up nicely lol makes me feel a little silly :doh: but we live and learn. i figured it did but i guess i thought that because of all the stretchs that have been done.

thanks Atch!

DKronk42

After reading many posts, and exchanging a few pms with eddie, ultimately this is the route ill be going myself, thats a long ways down the line though. I did price it out and was surprised, i thought it would be more expensive to do...

Top Bottom