Lift Questions

JLearie

I can get all of this for $500cdn, used with less than 2000km on it.

1 full lift kit rough country 3.5" series 2
-1 set of 3.5 progressive rock krawler springs
-Tera flex adjustable hd forged track bar
-Set of Tera. Flex adjustable hd forged control arms
-Front and rear bilstein 5100 series 3.5" shocks
-teraflex forged flipped draglink

The plan is to use the Tera Flex/Rock Krawler parts with whatever Rough Country stuff I would need to make it all work. I have a very qualified mechanic to do all of the work. Is there anything else that I would need? This would be my daily driver, I know that I would be sacrificing the majority of my stock ride and handling, but would it be too unpleasant as a DD?

JayKay

Caught the Bug

The plan is to use the Tera Flex/Rock Krawler parts with whatever Rough Country stuff I would need to make it all work. I have a very qualified mechanic to do all of the work. Is there anything else that I would need? This would be my daily driver, I know that I would be sacrificing the majority of my stock ride and handling, but would it be too unpleasant as a DD?

I have had the same RC lift on my JK for over a year. If I wheeled more, I would have chosen a different lift, but for a DD, it's perfectly fine in my opinion. You will have a better ride than me if you run the Bilsteins, the RC shocks are crap. I paid around $500 for mine at dealer cost since I work at a shop that has a business account with RC. I think thats a good price for what you'd be getting.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Well, you can make anything work but man, looking at your list, I wouldn't run that setup if it were on my DD. Granted, ride quality is 100% subjective but, I really am no fan of the RK coils - way too firm for my taste. I wouldn't run TF track bars as I have seen way too many break. I wouldn't run TF control arms because I've run them before and they blow out bushings all the time. Everyone I know who runs them has the same problem too. Bilstein 5100 shocks are nice but, with the RK coils, I wouldn't be happy with the ride as it would feel way too harsh for my taste. If you run the TF drag link flip, you do know that you need to install a track bar relocation bracket too, right? If you don't, you will have big time handling issues. And, having said that, if you install a TF front track bar relocation bracket, it will drop from the frame separating the drag link and track bar. I have installed and tested this setup and found it to cause bump steer and have undesirable handling. But of course, that's just what I've experienced.

Unfortunately, more times than not, you get what you pay for.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I was only referring to the complete RC lift parts. Wayalife would know first hand what would be the outcome of mix-matching all those parts. After thinking about it, if you spent a little more money you could get a complete NEW lift. Whether it be RC or another brand, I would do that. At least then you would know you'd have everything you need to complete the project and everything would work in harmony. I do have the RC lift, but plan on eventually installing a set of EVO plush rides and Rancho RS7000MT shocks, when the budget allows it.

Top Bottom