Where oh where is my Smittybilt Atlas rear bumper?!?!

okeedoky0

I ordered the new Smittybilt Atlas rear bumper and tire carrier (pn 76896) from Quadratec.com on 10-14-13 and new it would probably be on backorder for a couple of weeks but I was ok with that. After waiting patiently for many, many weeks and seeing others post pics of their installed Atlas bumpers I asked where they were being ordered from. After contacting a few vendors to see if they had the bumper in stock and ready to ship I settled on cancelling my current order from Quadratec.com and reordered it from 4WP.com. This was on 11-21-13. On 11-25 I received an email from 4WP customer service stating that my bumper was now on backorder but should be available in the middle of Dec. On 12-16-13 I emailed 4WP and asked where my bumper was and they replied that it had been pushed back a little bit but should be there by the end of Dec. I checked my credit card and lo and behold they had charged it on 12-14-13 for the bumper but my bumper has still not shipped!!!!!:furious3:

tapcola

I ordered the new Smittybilt Atlas rear bumper and tire carrier (pn 76896) from Quadratec.com on 10-14-13 and new it would probably be on backorder for a couple of weeks but I was ok with that. After waiting patiently for many, many weeks and seeing others post pics of their installed Atlas bumpers I asked where they were being ordered from. After contacting a few vendors to see if they had the bumper in stock and ready to ship I settled on cancelling my current order from Quadratec.com and reordered it from 4WP.com. This was on 11-21-13. On 11-25 I received an email from 4WP customer service stating that my bumper was now on backorder but should be available in the middle of Dec. On 12-16-13 I emailed 4WP and asked where my bumper was and they replied that it had been pushed back a little bit but should be there by the end of Dec. I checked my credit card and lo and behold they had charged it on 12-14-13 for the bumper but my bumper has still not shipped!!!!!:furious3:

I have had the same problem with 4wp on other stuff , 2months for a set of FLCAs , found out because I was doing my own install they where pushing me back and giving the parts to their own installs . I sent a email to corporate and I had my parts the next day ! the guy at the counter wasn't very happy , I have never went back to 4wp and never will !

okeedoky0

Still waiting ..................

Dec 27th .... When you order online a pre-authorization is placed on your credit card to verify your information. That pre-authorization is then only valid for between 15 to 30 days from the date of order. Unfortunately the accounting team did have to bill your card even though the item was out of stock in order to capture that pre-authorization with the credit card company. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you!

Jan 3rd .... I apologize I was out of the office yesterday and I am just seeing your message. At this time, the vendor is now anticipating having more available the week of 1/13. It will then take a few days to get from them in California to our Texas warehouse. I apologize for the delay on this order, I can only go by the updates the vendor gives me at this time since we have none available. If you would like to call your sales rep at 877-474-4821 ext 5110 he can go over alternative bumpers with you. (trying to get rid of me off their backs)

Jan 18th .... Still no bumper and no further information provided. Beginning to hate Smittybilt and 4WP. :hot:

jeeeep

Hooked
Dec 27th .... When you order online a pre-authorization is placed on your credit card to verify your information. That pre-authorization is then only valid for between 15 to 30 days from the date of order. Unfortunately the accounting team did have to bill your card even though the item was out of stock in order to capture that pre-authorization with the credit card company. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you!

Jan 3rd .... I apologize I was out of the office yesterday and I am just seeing your message. At this time, the vendor is now anticipating having more available the week of 1/13. It will then take a few days to get from them in California to our Texas warehouse. I apologize for the delay on this order, I can only go by the updates the vendor gives me at this time since we have none available. If you would like to call your sales rep at 877-474-4821 ext 5110 he can go over alternative bumpers with you. (trying to get rid of me off their backs)

Jan 18th .... Still no bumper and no further information provided. Beginning to hate Smittybilt and 4WP. :hot:

it's normal when something is new and not in full production. I ran into a similar situation and what I was told from the vendor, it depends on the total number of orders they receive, sometimes it takes longer to get to the full minimum order before production happens

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

I have had the same problem with 4wp on other stuff , 2months for a set of FLCAs , found out because I was doing my own install they where pushing me back and giving the parts to their own installs . I sent a email to corporate and I had my parts the next day ! the guy at the counter wasn't very happy , I have never went back to 4wp and never will !

I also try to avoid 4WP like the plague due to similar experiences. Fortunately for them, my local 4WP is a group of pretty decent guys and tend to have what I want in stock, fuss free price matching, and share my frustration with the company that bought out their old family owned business.

okeedoky0

My original order date = 10-14-13. Still waiting on day 100. Has anyone else ordered this bumper or am I the only one they are building this thing for??

Panda

Cancel your order poison spyder will have a bumper on your door step in 48 hrs! :D

Sent from bad apples...

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

I myself would just order a stronger American built bumper/carrier. You would have had it already as well.

Last edited:

TheDuff

I myself would just order a stronger American built bumper/carrier. You would have had it already as well.

I agree with this and what panda said! Spend a lil more on USA parts, plus I'm just not a shittybilt fan!:p

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
after 30 days I would have canceled it and bough something "better". You could have even probably had an ebay copy of the same bumper (not sure what it even looks like) in a few days.

okeedoky0

Have not seen anything else I really liked. I have started looking around again. I do like the Poison Spyder JK RockBrawler™ II Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier http://shop.poisonspyder.com/JK-RockBrawler-II-Rear-Bumper-with-Tire-Carrier-p/17-62-020.htm but it only comes unfinished so that will be an added cost to get it powder coated. I like the fact that it attaches to the rear gate and they open in tandem.

I also like the looks of the ACE JK Pro Series Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier http://www.rebeloffroad.com/product-p/acejkpsrbtcfl.htm It is cheaper than the Smittybilt or the Poison Spyder if you dont include the $400 Rigid LED lights.

Like I said, I am looking again but have not yet cancelled my order. Let me know what you think about my alternative choices. I value everyones input and appreciate any advice.

Here is a pic of the Smittybilt if you have not seen it.

Attachments

• Smittybilt bumper.jpg
    Smittybilt bumper.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 90

beans

Have not seen anything else I really liked. I have started looking around again. I do like the Poison Spyder JK RockBrawler™ II Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier http://shop.poisonspyder.com/JK-RockBrawler-II-Rear-Bumper-with-Tire-Carrier-p/17-62-020.htm but it only comes unfinished so that will be an added cost to get it powder coated. I like the fact that it attaches to the rear gate and they open in tandem.

I also like the looks of the ACE JK Pro Series Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier http://www.rebeloffroad.com/product-p/acejkpsrbtcfl.htm It is cheaper than the Smittybilt or the Poison Spyder if you dont include the $400 Rigid LED lights.

Like I said, I am looking again but have not yet cancelled my order. Let me know what you think about my alternative choices. I value everyones input and appreciate any advice.

Here is a pic of the Smittybilt if you have not seen it.

I'd cancel and get an AEV USA made bumper :twocents: By it from the company though...there are some known Chinese knockoffs

okeedoky0

Parts have arrived ...

Well it finally arrived on my doorstep. 1st box showed up on Feb 10th and the 2nd box on the 12th. Of course UPS had to damage the 1st package so the end of the bumper was hanging out of the box. I just got back from a business trip so I have not had a chance to unbox anything yet.

I would like to say that this experience started out rough but has ended on a good note. Through all of my issues and contacting 4WP I came into contact with a great customer service rep, Stacy, who emailed me on a daily basis to let me know what was going on with my order. This is very important because it will keep me coming back as a customer. Even though I was upset that I had not received my parts I was more upset that I could not get any answers out of a company I was spending a large amount of money with. When I contacted Stacy to let her know I had received my parts but the box was damaged she immediately said that if there was anything wrong that I would be taken care of, whether it be a gift card, if it was something I could live with, or a full replacement part if I was not satisfied.

I will be unboxing the items over the next couple of days and will post my experience here. I have read a couple of other posts about the new latch design not holding. This was the issue with the old latch and I hope it does not continue with this new design.

Top Bottom