Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Bolt-on Build" of the Baja Banshee

Quote Originally Posted by GCM 2 View Post
    You know everyone has a goal that they want to achieve, but few have a plan. Looks like you have both
    Looking forward to following your build!

G
    Thanks! I must admit that my original plan of 33's to 35's was altered by watching you big boys play...I felt like an 8yo little boy who wanted to ride with his cool 16yo brother but mom wouldnt allow it

p.s. My buddy lives in scottsdale and we went hiking up the camelback mountain. Makes me eager to hit up some of the trails you guys have in AZ, once I'm all built up!!!
    Last edited by StrizzyChris; 06-28-2012 at 03:57 PM.
    2013 Dune JKU Rubicon <-- Build Thread

37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" ATX Slabs, EVO BO Coilovers Front and Rear, GenRight Rear Tire Carrier, RK Front lower Control Arms, Adams 1310 Front DS, LOD Sliders, DynoMax Comp Exhaust, EVO ProTek Skids, Fender Trim, EVO 1/4 Pounder and stinger, Warn 9.5ti, EVO C-Gussets, AEV Procal, Trektop NX

***Buy Jeep parts Made in the U.S.A.!!!***

Quote Originally Posted by StrizzyChris View Post
    Thanks! I must admit that my original plan of 33's to 35's was altered by watching you big boys play...I felt like an 8yo little boy who wanted to ride with his cool 16yo brother but mom wouldnt allow it

p.s. My buddy lives in scottsdale and we went hiking up the camelback mountain. Makes me eager to hit up some of the trails you guys have in AZ, once I'm all built up!!!
    I know what you mean, my JK was only supposed to be a stock rubicon that was for occasional camping trips.....I changed plans and steered off on to a new course after my first wheeling trip. I have never looked back, have no regrets

If you are coming to do some wheeling out here, I would advise doing it Oct-May, unless its in the Flagstaff, Sedona, Payson (higher elevations) areas. Just give a heads up, and hopefully I am not overseas or on the road with work, I would be in for wheeling!
    2009 Black Rubicon Unlimited
    EVO Long Arm w/Envy Links
    EVO Front Double Throw Down
    EVO Lever Rear w/Double Throw Down
    Dynatrac Pro Rock 60's f/r
    PSC hydraulic ram assist
    Mastercraft Baja RS seats
    J.E. Reel 1350 drive shafts
    ATX Slab wheels
    40" Nitto Mud Grapplers

Quote Originally Posted by GCM 2 View Post
    If you are coming to do some wheeling out here, I would advise doing it Oct-May, unless its in the Flagstaff, Sedona, Payson (higher elevations) areas. Just give a heads up, and hopefully I am not overseas or on the road with work, I would be in for wheeling!
    Last time i was out there was in early june 2 years ago. Golfing 18 holes in that sun, reaching 110*, was INSANE! Once I'm built and make a trip, I will be sure to give you a shout!

37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" ATX Slabs, EVO BO Coilovers Front and Rear, GenRight Rear Tire Carrier, RK Front lower Control Arms, Adams 1310 Front DS, LOD Sliders, DynoMax Comp Exhaust, EVO ProTek Skids, Fender Trim, EVO 1/4 Pounder and stinger, Warn 9.5ti, EVO C-Gussets, AEV Procal, Trektop NX

Quote Originally Posted by StrizzyChris View Post

Yeah, I would wait til later in the year, as unfortunately a lot of the areas around Phoenix are on fire restrcitions and some of them to the point of limiting vehicle access.

Dynatrac Visit

Made a stop yesterday in my "research" for the 1-ton axles I am going to use. That visit was at a little shop some of you guys might have heard of called Dynatrac.

I had spoke to Steve in the past and he is a really nice guy. On this visit, Steve was out of town on an off road trip and, I spoke with Dan Seldon. He is a great guy as well. I was there and we just chatted for a ccouple hours about all things off road. This guy knows his stuff and really personable.

On both occurences I never felt any pressure to buy. Never have they tried to push any expensive upgrades on me that I didnt need. Dan actually gave me recommendations of "not needing" some upgrades for my purpose and told me to save that for other upgrades more suitable.

2012-06-28_13-03-29_33.jpg

2012-06-28_13-03-36_513.jpg

2012-06-28_13-03-44_521.jpg

2012-06-28_13-06-54_401.jpg

2012-06-28_13-07-03_296.jpg

You can check them out at Dynatrac.com or give them a call at (714)596-4461

This thread will be changed to a new thread soon. I sold this jeep andd will be performing this exact same build but NOW ON A 2013!!!

Andd is that a type o or were you stuttering cause you realized what your getting yourself into. haha

Really lots of luck. Can't wait to see what you decide on and how the build goes.

haha I will be shuttering when I have no axles below a brand new 40k jeep and have never done something like this before lmao

but ready for the adventure

Sweet, cant wait to follow along!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast