Jeep doors smashed :(

13gecko

Ok so I probably should have posted this a long time ago but oh well.
I went wheeling with some friends about 6 months ago and we all had fun of course....until we returned to the camp site. All of us had taken off our doors and placed them between a tree and my friends tow pig. Upon returning to the camp site I found that my doors were smashed....actually ran over!!! I was beside myself with rage.....but thought it might have a accident and someone would come over and say they were sorry and so in. NOPE. It wasn't any of my friends because you could still see the tire marks on the doors and they weren't the same as anyone I went there with. Anyway I was able to bend them enough to get them to close and drove home. I called my insurance company and told them what happened. They would cover it and I should have my doors in about 15 days. Awesome.....no again. My jeep being a 2013, the insurance company would only put brand new doors on it. So they had to order them....Every little piece from jeep. For 2 doors they are at a total of $6845.13 that's insane. And to top it all off the doors were just finished last week. It's been 6 months!!!!! Just thought I would let everyone know to protect your doors extra careful hahaha. Getting new ones from the factory isn't easy.

sent from phone to interwebz

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Ok so I probably should have posted this a long time ago but oh well.
I went wheeling with some friends about 6 months ago and we all had fun of course....until we returned to the camp site. All of us had taken off our doors and placed them between a tree and my friends tow pig. Upon returning to the camp site I found that my doors were smashed....actually ran over!!! I was beside myself with rage.....but thought it might have a accident and someone would come over and say they were sorry and so in. NOPE. It wasn't any of my friends because you could still see the tire marks on the doors and they weren't the same as anyone I went there with. Anyway I was able to bend them enough to get them to close and drove home. I called my insurance company and told them what happened. They would cover it and I should have my doors in about 15 days. Awesome.....no again. My jeep being a 2013, the insurance company would only put brand new doors on it. So they had to order them....Every little piece from jeep. For 2 doors they are at a total of $6845.13 that's insane. And to top it all off the doors were just finished last week. It's been 6 months!!!!! Just thought I would let everyone know to protect your doors extra careful hahaha. Getting new ones from the factory isn't easy.

Wow, that sucks! Im glad they covered it though. I know doors from the factory are not cheap!!!

13gecko

Any pictures of the doors after they were run over?

I know its hard to see because of the color. It was worse then it looks. The internals were all bent and or broken. On a good note smashed doors are in the process of being build into half doors :D

Edit: guess they won't post

Attachments

• 1388866794527.jpg
    1388866794527.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 267
  • 1388866834696.jpg
    1388866834696.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 267
  • 1388866888269.jpg
    1388866888269.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 267

13gecko

Attachments

• 1388867020948.jpg
    1388867020948.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 265
  • 1388867048816.jpg
    1388867048816.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 262
  • 1388867076344.jpg
    1388867076344.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 263

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
That is so retarded that someone would do that!!! They we're probably driving an FJ Cruiser and were jealous that your doors come off!!!

13gecko

If I ran over someone else's doors I would feel terrible but I would wait there and let them know what happened. If I smashed them, I would pay for them to get fixed. That's just how I was raised. But oh well, stuff happens.

Brankz

If I ran over someone else's doors I would feel terrible but I would wait there and let them know what happened. If I smashed them, I would pay for them to get fixed. That's just how I was raised. But oh well, stuff happens.

Have you tried going to a yank yard? And see if they have some doors?

crowrb29

Some Peoples' Kids

13gecko

Yank yard rofl!!! Yes I called around initially in order to prevent an insurance claim, but unfortunately no one had any. Goes to show that jeep owners don't wreck often, or if they do its a "battle scar from the trail" :D

Brankz

Yank yard rofl!!! Yes I called around initially in order to prevent an insurance claim, but unfortunately no one had any. Goes to show that jeep owners don't wreck often, or if they do its a "battle scar from the trail" :D

I need one 2!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1388879372.334408.jpg

Top Bottom