Brake drums show through your wheel spokes?

VictoryUSA

Brake discs show through your wheel spokes?

Decided to go with some ProComp 7033 wheels... they are on order. Wondering does the center cap cover the brake discs or will it show through? A guy at the shop recommended BBQ or high heat resistant flat black... He uses brush on rather than spray. Also ended up with 265's as recommended rather than 285's (Duratrac) Wish I would have gone bigger which would have given me more options for mods and lift, even if I can't afford any more right now. Wondering if this is going to look lame... But I may not find myself at the gas station quite as often as with 285's on up!

Last edited:

BlackKnight

Your profile has you driving a 2011, it does not have drum breaks. to which part are you talking? the center of the hub on the Disk? in which case, engine enamel would be where I would look for a paint that would not go up in flames and bring your jeep with it. Also consider a satin or gloss as the flat will make the brake dust stick like glue...

And no matter what, don't paint the disk surface where the pads rub, it will only rub off the first time you hit the break, but could very likely destroy your pads, cause the breaks to fail..

Bob

Last edited:

VictoryUSA

Thank you BlackKnight... very good info. An embarrassing oversight on my part, typing faster than thinking, of course I meant disc not drum... Can I still keep my Wayalife decal and posting privileges after that one?! :misery:

Panda

Here is how it will look, rims come with center cap you really don't see much disc they look great with lots of rock rash too! :D ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1389205415.279997.jpg

Sent from bad apples...

Top Bottom