Rear bumper w/ tire carrier

Torqt JK

Im looking to purchase new rear bumper, anyone know the pros n cons of LoD 2007-2012 Jeep JK Door Linked Shorty Signature Series Bumper w/ Generation 3 Tire Carrier VS 2007-2012 Jeep JK Shorty Signature Series Rear Bumper w/ Generation 3 Tire Carrier, I know the difference is the link but wht are the pros n cons of either? thx

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
the pros of the linked version is that you can open both the tire carrier and tailgate at the same time and just by using the factory tailgate latch. to a degree, this connection will also help to keep the tire carrier more steady and with less movement and up to a 35" tire, i would say this is a better option. the problem is, when you start getting into really big and heavy 37" tires or bigger, the added weight will still cause the tire carrier to move in and out and that will put stress on your tailgate. this can cause squeaking, banging and eventually, fatigue/damage to it as well. with bigger heavier tires, i would recommend that you go with the latch version.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I looked at both and liked the idea of only opening one thing. Lazy for sure! However, in the end, I figured that is just one more thing that can go wrong. Opening both is not a big deal. I'd keep it simple, especially in light of what WOL posted.

Torqt JK

Thx Eddie and MTG. By the way, how do you like the EVO enforcer lift? I ordered mine, about a month ago and Jake said he's still waiting on shocks from King. The waiting is killing me.:mad:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Torqt JK said:
Thx Eddie and MTG. By the way, how do you like the EVO enforcer lift? I ordered mine, about a month ago and Jake said he's still waiting on shocks from King. The waiting is killing me.:mad:

I assume that is directed at me, though I'm sure Eddie has seen his fair share of the kit. ;)

I love it. It exceeded my expectations for sure. Handles great on the road and performs awesome offroad. Tons of flex and with the 2.5's it eats up the bumps. The Kings were on back order when I bought mine as well. Totally sucks, but worth the wait!

Top Bottom