Rockhard Sport Cage Powdercoat Cost?

Marauder

What is the price you guys have paid to powdercoat your rockhards? Im looking into it, but don't have a baseline to work from. Worst case scenario is a steel brush, acetone, and rattlecan if I can't get it powdercoated for a reasonable price. lol

Check with your local powder coaster to see how much they will charge. Does two things one being you can test fit and make sure everything fits. Second you keep a local business open and can make a contact for future powder coating projects. A buddy of mine uses an old electric oven to do his powder coating on small pieces.

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

Marauder

Im aware of what my local powdercoater will charge. That is the whole point of this thread. I'm trying to find out what other people in socal have paid so I don't get ripped off. I am willing to drive a little for a decent deal.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Im aware of what my local powdercoater will charge. That is the whole point of this thread. I'm trying to find out what other people in socal have paid so I don't get ripped off. I am willing to drive a little for a decent deal.

Good idea! I would definitely look at their jobs as well. Years ago I had a place that coated some suspension parts and did only one coat. I could see through it. Red in color. Had them do another coat. :thumb:

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
I just DIY mine. Sanded a few weld rough spots, can of acetone, 3 cans auto primer, 4 cans black, two coats. Came out great. $45 in materials and about 3 hrs time(not including drying between coats).

JK1

i was thinking of painting mine also.. Im afraid the powder coat won't match because I'm also thinking of pulling the padding off the roll cage:idontknow:

DirtyJeeP

I found a place that will do sandblasting and powdercoating for $200. Im willing to pay that.

What's the name of this place I have some things I need powder coated too. That's not a bad deal depending in the quality of work.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I know I am on the east coast, but the guy my one good friend uses, quoted me 150-175 blasted, primed, 3 coats color and 1-2 coats clear. I ended up just painting it however for now. I paid basically nothing for the paint so I figured Ill spray it at home, install and if I am not happy Ill pull it out and just get it coated later on.

GraniteCrystal

Thread revival! I'm getting quoted $450 to do the whole cage. Media blast, epoxy prime, Crystal grey mid coat and a clear top coat. $200 to just do the side pieces with the handles.

Have powdercoat costs come way up since 2014 or is this way too high?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thread revival! I'm getting quoted $450 to do the whole cage. Media blast, epoxy prime, Crystal grey mid coat and a clear top coat. $200 to just do the side pieces with the handles.

Just depends on the shop. For my cage I had one shop quote me $325. The next shop I went to said $150 and if you want it faster it in 3 Days it will be $200. Both did the same steps and had the same color red I wanted. Just depends on the place

Benito

Caught the Bug

I ordered powder from Prismatic Powders that was a match for Commando Green (10lbs for ~$120, used about half), and was charged $200 by someone local to do the work. I just received some powder that matches pretty close to Gobi, and am currently looking for a shop to do the work, everyone local is says it would be about two months before they could do it.

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug

Holy Crap! I can't help you with your question but it does remind me why I rattle can everything myself......

Hope ya get a better quote somewhere.

Ddays

Hooked
I'd consider rattle canning the cage & saving yourself some dough. Powdercoating is great but unlike the other stuff exposed to the elements your cage is not. It really doesn't need to have that much of a weather resistant finish like bumpers & skins. A good auto body supply store will mix you up custom spray cans that match your paint code on the door jamb. I paid $20 or so per can. I did mine in two coats (red) and did the dash crossbar in semi-flat black with regular trim paint they had on the shelf. Not trying to talk you out of powdercoating because its really nice, but this is one area you could save a couple hundred bucks easy & buy more Christmas presents for your Jeep. :D ORE Black Friday Sale is next week :brows:

If you do have it PC then make sure they lay it on thin around the collars. When I had mine done it went on way too thick and caused some figment issues. If I had it to do over again, I'd have just painted it myself.

Top Bottom