My Pumpkin

Armydog

Picked up a 2005 TJ Rubi when I got home from the sand box. Had some stuff on it already - picture on the rental (crappy) trailer... Not thrilled about everything the previous two owners did to it, but the work has been started at least...

I have huge, unrealistic dreams for my Pumpkin. Pro-Rock 60's front and rear, coil over three/four link suspension, on-board air, beadlocks and so on. Not sure how much will get done and when but that is the point as far as I am concerned - a project to play with that might never end!

As it sits right now,

4" Zone lift
1" Body lift
35" Mickeys (steel wheels)
SRC 9000lb winch (cable)
knock-off front and rear bumpers - look like smitty-built but are not
RECON LED 4' off road lights
High Lift jack (bolted to tire carrier)
Attitude Gear trail flag (orange of course)
Differential lock out by-pass
Poison-Spyder vented hood panel
ORO LED Taillights
Warrior Products plate mount w/ LED 3rd break light
Tough Mudder Tri-State 2013 headband ......

More to come!

I know it is no hard-core rock crawling monsta' - but its tough enough to roll out top off to the dairy farm and get an ice cream!! and she's all mine! IMG_0461.jpg IMG_0459.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387160900.671355.jpg

Millerj87

Nice jeep man! And thank you for your service! 8yrs army myself

Sent from my iPhone on the west coast of florida

JK-JOHN-E

THAT MY FRIEND IS ONE NICE PUMPKIN, TO BAD ALL PUMPKINS DON'T LOOK THAT TASTY WHEN THEY'RE IN THE PUMPKIN PATCH:thumb:

JKbrick

Great color, I love orange. Thanks for your service, my cousin is retired army and my son is a disabled vet

budmanm3

Former Army K-9 myself.. left in 07' after 12 years :rock::standing wave:

Last edited:

Armydog

Former Army K-9 myself.. left in 07' after 12 years :rock::standing wave:

Thank brother. Thanks for your service, do you have a personal dog these days? I am taking my last partner home soon as he is declared excess ie retired!!!!

budmanm3

Thank brother. Thanks for your service, do you have a personal dog these days? I am taking my last partner home soon as he is declared excess ie retired!!!!

Same to you.. yes I have a little Shetland Sheepdog. She is going on 12. Can't imagine life without a dog.
All the dogs I had in the service passed on, but I did get to come see my last MWD before he was put down for cancer in early 08' while I still lived up in DC.

Armydog

Same to you.. yes I have a little Shetland Sheepdog. She is going on 12. Can't imagine life without a dog.
All the dogs I had in the service passed on, but I did get to come see my last MWD before he was put down for cancer in early 08' while I still lived up in DC.

I agree, can't imagine life without a partner. My first boy died of cancer, put him down right after coming back from FT Buchanan - good old days. Dasty in eleven and has no current health issues, hopefully we will get a couple of years together. The only thing I work on duty now is a desk and a blackberry.... Really miss running a dog.

Armydog

Can't find the picture of the jeep the day she came to live with me, I'll keep looking, but here is the story. Found this jeep on Ebay. I was looking for a post deployment present to myself, originally was going to buy a new Harley. The wife was against that. A close friend had a horrible crash while I was deployed and although thank God he lived, his life is forever changed by the injuries he had suffered.

Long story, longer... I had jeeps in the past, she and I had a stock 98 Sahara and her son has an 09 JKUR. So the sale was pretty easy to make to "household 6". Wanted a dark, military color and definitely a 2 door. Either a TJ or JK and had to fit my limited budget. When I saw the pumpkin I was sold on the spot! I immediately loved the color, and some modifications were already done. The price wasn't too bad and I wanted her! Rather than bid back and forth on Ebay, I contacted the seller and made an offer. After agreeing on the price, I got my bank to cut a check for my new toy. The plan was to go see it in person, take it for a test drive and decide if it was what I wanted. You know what they say about plans? The bank ACCIDENTALLY sent the check to the potential seller!!!!! FML!!!!

I got out of work after calling this guy and confirming he had both my money and my truck! Rented a piece of shit car trailer from a local equipment rental company that I will NEVER do business with again and drove over 4.5 hours to southern NJ to get either the jeep or my money ( hopefully )

Thankfully, the jeep was as good as I hoped and the seller was a stand up guy - NJ State Trooper with the K9 Unit!!!! Go figure!!!

We brought her home on the shitty trailer and have been spending money on her ever since. I am very happy with the truck and cannot wait for top off and door off weather!!!!! beach trip!! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392753729.855140.jpg

Update, found the picture...

Armydog

The first "project" was to take off the rubicon and jeep badges that were grey and replace them with black lettering..... Not a big modification but I like how it looks.... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392754242.019706.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392754318.283230.jpg

And the silly "FUEL" decay above the tank fill neck.....

Top Bottom