memories of having a bad day with breaking parts/getting stuck

enjoylife

I'm sure we all have our stories of getting stuck or parts breaking and id sure love to hear of some of yalls stories. I've found myself learning from other peoples experiences of breaking parts and learning what to expect and maybe even try it out to fix it!
Can even talk about crazy temporary fixes that you pulled together just to make it out.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Recently some friends and I had a three day long trip running the Mojave trail.

One buddy had a sidewall puncture and we did a simple tire change, but found that having a good bottle jack and a blanket to lie on was a plus.

On the final day we had an incident where a tow strap wrapped itself around the axle housing and got stuck in between the wheel and the rotor (whilst ripping off the brake line). Having an extra brake line, brake fluid and something to bleed the line sure came in handy.

Side note: always good to have extra gas, just in case.... Lmao.

Last edited:

enjoylife

thats smart about the brake idea! I've only been off road at places closer to my home. i need to have a spare tool box for my jeep.. i went one time and it broke my steering rod. so no steering and had to drag the jeep out:l my poor tj

jkuone

thats smart about the brake idea! I've only been off road at places closer to my home. i need to have a spare tool box for my jeep.. i went one time and it broke my steering rod. so no steering and had to drag the jeep out:l my poor tj

Some times you can use your HI Lift jack handle for a make shift tie rod/ steering rod..

enjoylife

that is true. it was some pretty extreme trail to get back out. and that isn't the place to get stuck unless you want parts stolen and the jeep blown up:/

Top Bottom