Should I put Rubicon decals on my COD:MW3 special edition?

Vichus

Hey folks,
I've always liked the look of the Rubicon decals on the hood and I'm considering putting them on the hood of my black 2012 COD:MW3. I'm concerned that with the special hood that it might be a bit too busy looking. I'd like to hear the opinions of me fellow jeepers!

Army_Vet

Banned
It's your jeep put them wherever you wish, Id put one on the windshield of mine if I liked the look.... If you like the look who cares what others think. Now; if your asking if we approve the Rubicon decals on a non Rubi jeep. My own opinion is no.

nicholsmf

Put a decal on the hood if you want, but it shouldn't be a Rubicon decal because your Jeep is not a Rubicon.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Vichus

Well I thought it would be ok because as far as I know it's a Rubicon with upgraded bumpers and a couple of little details. But if the general opinion is that it would be cheesy, I'll not do it.

TheStick

Well I thought it would be ok because as far as I know it's a Rubicon with upgraded bumpers and a couple of little details. But if the general opinion is that it would be cheesy, I'll not do it.

You're right, it is still essentially a rubicon so I'd do what you want there.

Army_Vet

Banned

Seriously its your jeep, if you like the look then just do it.... None of us are paying your auto loan...

Do you find yourself explaining to non jeep owners that it is essentially a Rubicon with upgraded bumpers???

Aeraun

I'd say go for it if that's what you'd like. If you're looking for a justification for it I definitely say its ok since it is a Rubicon underneath the COD badging. Would it be too busy with the hood? I personally think it'd look fine. But like was said, its your Jeep so what you want :beer:

The Force will be with you.... always

pvanweelden

I think it's also fine for someone with a non-Rubicon who modded his/her jeep (i.e. lifts, winches, skid plates, 35's, bumpers, etc) to go ahead and call it a Rubicon since it's well beyond that point. Why not? :D :D

ummm, i'll just assume you forgot to mention a few other mods? :eek: :D

espi

So no one actually addressed the OP actual question. He didn't ask if it was OK, but if it would look too busy.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Ain't no one gonna know. It's your jeep have fun with it. It's funny I put springs and shocks on mine from a Rubi and some people thinks it a Rubi. I have a Wrangler sticker on my hood.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
So no one actually addressed the OP actual question. He didn't ask if it was OK, but if it would look too busy.

Ok....no.

What are your thoughts? You did not give an answer either.

Army_Vet

Banned
I'd say go for it if that's what you'd like. If you're looking for a justification for it I definitely say its ok since it is a Rubicon underneath the COD badging. Would it be too busy with the hood? I personally think it'd look fine. But like was said, its your Jeep so what you want :beer:

The Force will be with you.... always

Rocco did...

And he was opining it for opinions... Seemed like he was asking for the answer everyone is addressing IMHO...

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I say go for it. I don't think it would look too busy. Lots of people get bent out of shape about the Rubicon decal being on non-rubicon jeeps. I purchased an "X" and swapped in a rubicon rear axle for the locker capability and a 4.10 t-case, so I guess I could put on 3/4 of a Rubicon decal and not be a phony, lol. Enjoy your jeep sticker or no..

espi

Rocco did...

And he was opining it for opinions... Seemed like he was asking for the answer everyone is addressing IMHO...

Sorry I must have missed that one. I have seen the threads like this before can I put a rubi sticker on a non rubi, but it seemed he was asking an aesthetics question.

Army_Vet

Banned
Sorry I must have missed that one. I have seen the threads like this before can I put a rubi sticker on a non rubi, but it seemed he was asking an aesthetics question.

Ahhhh no prob.... I think he should do as he wishes, but im not a fan of any stickers/decals to begin with.... first thing I did was to strip mine off, and the dumb trail rated badge

trailless

Caught the Bug
I don't think it would look too busy. The white lettering would be a nice contrast. What color is it? If its black then, YES!

Now if it were my jeep, I would take the MW3 badging off. I like playing COD and all but I probably wouldn't like it all over my jeep. What do I know though, I wear plain shirts and jeans/khakis most of the time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom