Project-JK Deer Valley Jeep Trail Run

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you can believe it, this is the very first video that we filmed and edited back in July of 2007. It's crazy to think now but, at the time, we had no idea what we were doing or what we hoped to do with the video footage. Anyway, for those of you who are interested, this was filmed on the Deer Valley Trail which is located in the Mokelumne Wilderness just south of South Lake Tahoe, CA.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
If you can believe it, this is the very first video that we filmed and edited back in July of 2007. It's crazy to think now but, at the time, we had no idea what we were doing or what we hoped to do with the video footage. Anyway, for those of you who are interested, this was filmed on the Deer Valley Trail which is located in the Mokelumne Wilderness just south of South Lake Tahoe, CA.

I just watched this on YouTube! Moby was just a minnow. I'm glad you and Cindy started making videos! :thumb:

Fridge81

Talk about a throwback! Still a good video though! You've definitely come a long way in the filming and editing departments. Thanks for all the videos you have done, They rock[emoji869]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
WTH is with the music? its terrible! Why not get a real camera capable of resolution higher than 240P? :crazyeyes:

All kidding aside, that is cool to see the early phases of Moby. That video is almost 10 years old.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
WTH is with the music? its terrible! Why not get a real camera capable of resolution higher than 240P? :crazyeyes:

All kidding aside, that is cool to see the early phases of Moby. That video is almost 10 years old.

:cheesy:

Videos like these are almost painful to watch now. It is nice to see Moby's humble beginnings though. I know there are folks who think he's always been as big as he is now but nothing could be further from the truth :yup:

deezus

Awesome video, last year we were gonna run Deer Valley and slick rock together but it was closed. You guys should get a run together and do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Throwback! I love it! Is that Tessa?

LOL!! Yup, that would be Tessa back when she was just a pup. :cool:

Awesome video, last year we were gonna run Deer Valley and slick rock together but it was closed. You guys should get a run together and do it.

This video is from almost 10 years ago and to the best of my knowledge, the trail is STILL closed. Guy do run it all the time but they're only hurting our cause by doing it. I am hoping it will re-open soon.

Wow, that was :rock: ... haha. Very cool to see how you guys have progressed.

It's been a long road for sure :crazyeyes:

longarmwj

Very cool. You know what's funny? I remember watching that video when I was in like 8th grade thinking how awesome it would be to do that. That's probably the first time since then I've seen the video. I actually totally forgot about it until now.

Funny how shit like that happens :shock:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very cool. You know what's funny? I remember watching that video when I was in like 8th grade thinking how awesome it would be to do that. That's probably the first time since then I've seen the video. I actually totally forgot about it until now.

Funny how shit like that happens :shock:

:doh: Okay, now I feel really old :cheesy:

deezus

LOL!! Yup, that would be Tessa back when she was just a pup. :cool:

This video is from almost 10 years ago and to the best of my knowledge, the trail is STILL closed. Guy do run it all the time but they're only hurting our cause by doing it. I am hoping it will re-open soon.

It's been a long road for sure :crazyeyes:
It's open now. I just read somewhere about this...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's open now. I just read somewhere about this...

Not as of last year or at least, not according to the National Forest Service. The trail has been and to the best of my knowledge, is STILL closed 2 miles in from Hermit Valley. On the Blue Lakes side, it's closed at the first water crossing. This is all part of the 42 Route Meadow Project and while the posts that are put in place get removed by off-roaders all the time, that doesn't mean they are open. If you've been running the trail, you've been doing it illegally.

deezus

Not as of last year or at least, not according to the National Forest Service. The trail has been and to the best of my knowledge, is STILL closed 2 miles in from Hermit Valley. On the Blue Lakes side, it's closed at the first water crossing. This is all part of the 42 Route Meadow Project and while the posts that are put in place get removed by off-roaders all the time, that doesn't mean they are open. If you've been running the trail, you've been doing it illegally.
No, I haven't run it nor would I if it wasn't open. But this is what I found. Screenshot_20170323-204815.jpg

deezus

It is 11 pages but the bottom line is it will be open as conditions permit, meaning when the snow melts enough. Late Summer, early fall. So good news.

Keithyellowjk

Thank you and Cindy for making these awesome videos. I remember the first time I came across these and have been hooked ever since. One day I hope to get out west and visit all of the beautiful trails that you have showcased. Thank you again![emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom