LOL, my hard top just leaked!

trailless

Caught the Bug
Haha, so I took my hardtop off to remove the soft top and put away in storage.

It rained all day today. As I was driving along I came to a stop and water dripped from the front latch, right in the middle. My JKUR has 590 miles on it. What did I do? I laughed :rolleyes2:

I guess this is where the "It's a Jeep thing" comes into play. ;)

Care to share your own, it's a Jeep moment?

PS. Anyways, it didn't do it again so I'm not worried about it. I'll just re-install the two front panels when I get home.

beans

Haha, so I took my hardtop off to remove the soft top and put away in storage.

It rained all day today. As I was driving along I came to a stop and water dripped from the front latch, right in the middle. My JKUR has 590 miles on it. What did I do? I laughed :rolleyes2:

I guess this is where the "It's a Jeep thing" comes into play. ;)

Care to share your own, it's a Jeep moment?

PS. Anyways, it didn't do it again so I'm not worried about it. I'll just re-install the two front panels when I get home.

lol we noticed a small leak in the EXACT same area on tues :D My husband tightened it up a bit but we'll have to wait to see if it does it again...he said that with jeeps and leaks its not a question of IF but WHEN :D Our old TJ leaked like a sieve lol

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I chased a leak in mine for the first thousand miles of its life. I would get in it in the morning, and the floor liner would be floating in water. The entire drivers floorboard would be full of water. Nothing else wet, no drip stains, nothing. I tried resealing the top several times. I guess it eventually worked, hasn't leaked once in 5K miles. :idontknow:

trailless

Caught the Bug
lol we noticed a small leak in the EXACT same area on tues :D My husband tightened it up a bit but we'll have to wait to see if it does it again...he said that with jeeps and leaks its not a question of IF but WHEN :D Our old TJ leaked like a sieve lol

Haha, glad I'm not the only one. I should go through a car wash to see it is happens again.

I chased a leak in mine for the first thousand miles of its life. I would get in it in the morning, and the floor liner would be floating in water. The entire drivers floorboard would be full of water. Nothing else wet, no drip stains, nothing. I tried resealing the top several times. I guess it eventually worked, hasn't leaked once in 5K miles. :idontknow:

Your floor liner was floating in water!? :eek:

If that happened to me I would not be laughing. A leak is a leak but it sounds like you had a mini waterfall in your Jeep!

Glad you got it fixed. :thumb:

dahreno

Banned
I would take off the front 2 tops and take a really good look at the seals. It could be when you took it off the remove the soft top, you didn't get the seals exactly right before tightening it all down.When I remove mine and reinstall it, I make sure to put them straight down on the seals, not shift the tops around once they are laying on the seals and before latching them down.Hope you know what I mean !

Happened to me a while ago, it turned out I was tightening the screws that are above your head to tight. I stop tightening right as they start to bottom out and it stopped leaking.

trailless

Caught the Bug
Happened to me a while ago, it turned out I was tightening the screws that are above your head to tight. I stop tightening right as they start to bottom out and it stopped leaking.

Thanks for the tip. I tightened the screws really tightly so that might of done it!

Angry Aussie

I had the same issue I couldn't find the leak to save my life so I had to take it to the stealership and it took them 5 days to find it and fix it. Zero issues since.

trailless

Caught the Bug
Another "It's a Jeep" moment

I was driving the Jeep home the night I bought it and I noticed it pulled to the right. I didn't have time to get it back to the dealer until I had put 460 miles on it. Still, 460 miles and in the shop for an alignment. :crazyeyes:

BTW, my hardtop stopped leaking! :wings: I don't know if the screws were the problem or if I didn't place the panels back correctly. Either way, I'm happy.

07streetbobrider

It's looking like I will never know if mine leaks or not..I live in the Central Valley California. I had to google "rain" to figure out what you're talking about LOL

DKronk42

We had about 3 days of good soaking rain here, then last night it went back below freezing, so i get in the jeep to go to work this morning and as its getting warmed up in there it literally starts raining inside the jeep... All the condensation over the last few days had built up and frozen on the underside of my soft top last night haha.

Another "It's a Jeep" moment I was driving the Jeep home the night I bought it and I noticed it pulled to the right. I didn't have time to get it back to the dealer until I had put 460 miles on it. Still, 460 miles and in the shop for an alignment. :crazyeyes: BTW, my hardtop stopped leaking! :wings: I don't know if the screws were the problem or if I didn't place the panels back correctly. Either way, I'm happy.
Awesome!!!!

Top Bottom