Too Moab or not too Moab?!

Greetings. I have a wonderful problem. Kids are on spring break from March 7th to the 16th. Everyone wants to go check out Arches National Park and go hit some trails. I would like to know if it would be too cold to go out to Moab? Never too cold for me but more worried about the kids. Two girls, 6 and 7. One boy,12.

Planned departure date is March 9th and return the 14th or 15th. I would also appreciate some trip planning on what to bring and where to stay and which trails/sites to see and avoid. Keep in mind that we will be going alone, single Jeep.

Sent while sitting on the crapper.

rubicrawl

I highly suggest to stay at the red cliffs lodge it's absolutely beautiful and it's right on the Colorado river it's like 15min along the Colorado river from Moab and really good restaurant overlooking the river and red canyon and as far as trails shaver trail real mellow but really cool you go down or up depending on which way you go on some real cool switch backs

Sharkey

Word Ninja
You can certainly get snow in March so plan accordingly. Personally, I'd rather be there in March and risk snow than be there in July and bake.

Benny

We are headed down there for our spring break but It's the first week of April. Info that I've read says expect 65-70 during the day but 30's at night.

Rampage

We just got back from Moab 2 weeks ago & went wheeling there in the dead of winter. It was awesome! Temp's were hovering around the low to mid-thirties with not a lot of snow on the trails. Last March at Easter Jeep Safari the daytime temps were in the 50's-60's but it feels more like 70's when the sun is out. Mid-March is a great time to go to Moab this year because the temp's should be reasonable & EJS isn't until April 12-20th, thus, less traffic on the trails

NAUJK

HEY!!! Myself and some friends will be there in Moab from March 13-17 if you are there at those times would be cool to meet up!

Last edited:
Top Bottom