1350 or 1310??

T&ERun

LOSER
Going to buy a new rear DS. I run 37s, 5.13 gears, ARBs, and about 4.5" lift. Should I do a 1310 or 1350 DS? Also, I've been told that stock length is ok, no need to get a longer one. Thoughts, input, any help appreciated. Thanks

2doorjk

Going to buy a new rear DS. I run 37s, 5.13 gears, ARBs, and about 4.5" lift. Should I do a 1310 or 1350 DS? Also, I've been told that stock length is ok, no need to get a longer one. Thoughts, input, any help appreciated. Thanks

07-11 or 12-14? 2 door or unlimited?

2doorjk

In the Sitcky JK FAQ it says

Q: What are all the components that I will need with a 4" lift?
A: For a 4" lift, you should have a set of 4" coils, bump stop extensions, longer shocks, extended brake lines, longer sway bar links, adjustable front track bar, adjustable rear track bar, front and rear track bar relocation brackets, dropped pitman arm, adjustable upper and lower control arms front and rear and new double cardin u-joint style drive shafts.

On a 2012-Up, you will want to install a new front drive shaft regardless if you have an automatic or manual transmission. Assuming you install new, longer shocks with your lift, the extra droop you will see at a flex will cause the slip shaft boot on the drive shaft to tear. However, that is just one problem you will encounter. Even if you install exhaust spacers or relocate the cross over, the CV boot at the output shaft will be sitting at a significant state of pinch and this will cause it to fail prematurely.

as far as 1310 or 1350. i have a stock motor and run 35's. my coast 1310 has given me no problems. if you have swapped in a v8 you should start looking at the 1350's because of the increase in torque and horsepower.

quit staring

I am running a 2014 rubicon with 37's 5.13 auto 2 door with about the same amount of lift. I opted for 1350's front and rear In case I ever go 40's. I had 1310's on my old 2010 with the same setup just a sport and never had any problems

RockyJk

I asked JE Reel about this at the expo last year and they told me for 35's 1310 works and if your going bigger than 35's to run 1350's....

Top Bottom