Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Add remote start to your auto JK for $99

Add remote start to your auto JK for $99

Hey guys, I just came across this today, and thought that some guys would love to have a cheap remote start solution...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plug-Play-Ad...40ffff&vxp=mtr

Disclaimer...I have nothing to do with the seller, etc. This is just for those guys looking for an inexpensive solution to that they don't freeze in the morning.

Living in FL I'm good. But if you come across a good power lock product in your travels, I'll be all over that.

Quote Originally Posted by 14Sport View Post
    Living in FL I'm good. But if you come across a good power lock product in your travels, I'll be all over that.
    You can use the ac instead

Been Around the Block liljohn850's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
    Hey guys, I just came across this today, and thought that some guys would love to have a cheap remote start solution...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plug-Play-Ad...40ffff&vxp=mtr

Disclaimer...I have nothing to do with the seller, etc. This is just for those guys looking for an inexpensive solution to that they don't freeze in the morning.
    ....so tempting. I wanna hear a success story first

Sent from my pocket sized telecommunications and computing device.
    10A of the Anvil shade... which isn't here yet.... it's on a boat..somewhere..between Korea, LA, and HNL...
    "Any commander who fails to exceed his authority is not of much use to his subordinates."
    -Admiral Arleigh Burke

You can use the ac instead
    Hahahaha...you're right about that!

Quote Originally Posted by liljohn850 View Post
    ....so tempting. I wanna hear a success story first

A few members on another forum have had success with it.

Been Around the Block liljohn850's Avatar
    A few members on another forum have had success with it.
    I was told no more jeep parts this month.... Buuutttttt

10A of the Anvil shade... which isn't here yet.... it's on a boat..somewhere..between Korea, LA, and HNL...
    "Any commander who fails to exceed his authority is not of much use to his subordinates."
    -Admiral Arleigh Burke

Unfortunately this is somewhat right. Being a car install guy myself for Futureshop in Edmonton, there is a harness that is plug and play. The worst part of it is is that it's not gonna cost you $99. First you need the harness (about $50 cdn) then you need a bypass (that little black box he has anywhere between $100-150) and then it has to be programmed which in most shops they charge you $50. After that if you don't buy the actual remote starter the range of your key fob is about 30ft. My remote starter has about a 5000ft range. Doesn't really seem that worth it?? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by *NOMAD* View Post
    Unfortunately this is somewhat right. Being a car install guy myself for Futureshop in Edmonton, there is a harness that is plug and play. The worst part of it is is that it's not gonna cost you $99. First you need the harness (about $50 cdn) then you need a bypass (that little black box he has anywhere between $100-150) and then it has to be programmed which in most shops they charge you $50. After that if you don't buy the actual remote starter the range of your key fob is about 30ft. My remote starter has about a 5000ft range. Doesn't really seem that worth it?? Lol

Sorry, but this is not correct.

#1, your remote starter doesn't have a 5000ft range, not a chance. Maybe if you were in a field in Kansas, you can reach 1000', and even that I wouldn't bet on it (compustar has some of the best ranges that I have seen, and it isn't close to 5000'.)

#2 The OEM key with a good battery will do AT LEAST a football field if not obstructed. I have remote started my Jeep from the top of a building in Manhattan (66th floor with the OEM key.)

#3 The kit posted is all you need. The programming is done by you. The kit comes with the wiring and the black box, so Im not sure what you are talking about.
    Last edited by NFRs2000NYC; 01-16-2014 at 05:11 AM.

The Compustar pro is actually what I have and yes on a clear day it will do 5000ft (or cloudy your choice) and realistically I highly doubt from the 66th floor you can even unlock your vehicle. But that's cool I don't do it every day or anything and yes programming is done by you but you need to put firmware on the bypass from a site that requires you to have a paid login membership. (Highly unlikely that most have this) and if something happens to go wrong? Which it does from time to time we charge more to "undo" things than to do it right in the first place. With that said I'm not trying to start an argument I just think getting it done right the first time is better than winging it.

Using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast