EVO/Synergy Gussets Weld On Cost?

Petzl88

Hello!

I called a well known shop in the Denver area and asked how much they would charge to weld on the EVO front axle reinforcement gussets and they want $600! Has anybody in the Denver area had them welded on? If so, who did the work and what did they charge? You can PM me if you would prefer. What about other areas?

They recommended the Teraflex gussets and sleeves for $530 and they said $600 installation cost for that system but it would still be $600 just to have the gussets welded on. That seems a little high to me, eh? I was thinking maybe $200 - $300 but I don't know.

Thanks!

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
isn't northridge in colorado? try them.. no friends with a welder? you can buy a little wirefeed welder for half that price and try yourself.

quit staring

Hello!

I called a well known shop in the Denver area and asked how much they would charge to weld on the EVO front axle reinforcement gussets and they want $600! Has anybody in the Denver area had them welded on? If so, who did the work and what did they charge? You can PM me if you would prefer. What about other areas?

They recommended the Teraflex gussets and sleeves for $530 and they said $600 installation cost for that system but it would still be $600 just to have the gussets welded on. That seems a little high to me, eh? I was thinking maybe $200 - $300 but I don't know.

Thanks!

wow that's alot. I don't live in Denver but I had my Evo gussets welded on for $80 by a local shop which is a pretty good price. I'm not sure what anyone else has paid but even $300 seems a little high

Petzl88

Thanks

Thanks for the tips guys. I forgot about Northridge! They quoted 2 hours of shop time which seems reasonable to me. I'm going to call some welding/fab shops now.

pvanweelden

2 hours isn't bad, you definitely want to go slow and alternate from one side to the other, to avoid damaging the ball joints, apply damp towels to the ball joints after each weld. if you have an angle grinder, you can save some of their time by grinding clean the C's where they will need to weld. Also, you can avoid some clearance issues with your coils if you grind down a portion of the upper C gusset like this:
uploadfromtaptalk1388972935408.jpg

StrizzyChris

Find a few local shops and take the gussets in with you to show them the ease of installing/welding! A family friend got it done in about 45min to an hour with rotating back and forth and chatting with me while he was doing it. I took the tires off and did the grinding of the knuckles to save him time/work. He only asked me for 25 bucks and I gave him $40 since he did it after hours for me in his spare time and had to heat up the garage(15* outside at the time). Im sure you can find a qualified local mechanic that'll cut you a cash deal. :yup:

Sleeves.....sell em and get as much money back as you can out of them :twocents:

Atch

Like Chris said, find a local shop not necessarily a 4x4 shop and get some quotes. I had a local shop weld mine for $40.

JKFlyer

I was 1 hour labor for synergy but I wanted top and bottom C's welded so went evos and that was 2 hours labor =170

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

2trackin

Just did mine last night. Took about an hour on the bench.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1390271180140.jpg
    1390271180140.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 1390271204142.jpg
    1390271204142.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 73
Top Bottom