Cylinder 4 misfire

Hobolobo

Hey guys. I keep getting a cylinder 4 misfire code on my 2012 jk manual. The first time it popped up, i just assumed i shifted wrong and made it come on, so i listened to it for a bit, and i didnt hear a misfire. I cleared the code and went on a trip around 400 mi with no probs. well, the code came on yesterday and i still dont hear a misfire, but cant get the code to clear. Anybody have an issue like this before. Also, my diagnostics scanner shows no misfire.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I just went through this a couple of months ago on my 2012 auto. Couldn't get the code to display but the check engine light would display and occasionally go out. Took it to the dealer and they immediately diagnosed cyl six misfire. It's probably the cylinder head, a very COMMON problem with the early Pentastar engines. My son has a 2012 Chrysler minivan with a Pentastar and his #2 cyl developed a misfire. Cylinder head. On my JK the misfire was so minor and intermittant I couldn't feel it except for the light. Took about 3 weeks to get the head and replace it, but it was mostly a non-event. I drove it the whole time with no hassles. Good luck!:yup:

Hobolobo

Thanks. Ill make sure they check that. I just didnt want to waste trips to the stealership while they try to figure out something.

Evilidea

Yep 2012 Call of Duty Ed here had cyl head replaced at 15k, wouldn't have even noticed except for CEL but the dealership had her done 2 days later no issue. They refused to replace both sides though so I'm just waiting for the other one to go too but we shall see. According to my build shet I had the newer heads that aren't suppose to be failing.

Hobolobo

Yep 2012 Call of Duty Ed here had cyl head replaced at 15k, wouldn't have even noticed except for CEL but the dealership had her done 2 days later no issue. They refused to replace both sides though so I'm just waiting for the other one to go too but we shall see. According to my build shet I had the newer heads that aren't suppose to be failing.

I got a build sheet recently. How do i know which heads i have? Not that it matters because apparently i have the bad ones.

Evilidea

Ac and ad are suppose to be good pt numbers on cyl heads aa ab the bad batch but I supposedly had ac ad and still had issue so hmm idk

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE probably from 11k ft

Top Bottom