Gear swap tragedy! Anyone seen this before?

David1tontj

Never mind...after using google, I found I am an idiot.

Now I'm super curious what the original post was! Can I guess?

Something to do with the ring gear thickness? Maybe had a ring shim in it?
Maybe you got new gears, but the carrier would not work with new ratio?

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Now I'm super curious what the original post was! Can I guess?

No...the new tires and gears sent the computer into limp mode...I went and bought a Procal and fixed it in 10 seconds. I honestly wasn't expecting the computer to freak out that bad! Dang thins are sensitive. I'm so used to building old Jeeps...:doh:

David1tontj

No...the new tires and gears sent the computer into limp mode...I went and bought a Procal and fixed it in 10 seconds. I honestly wasn't expecting the computer to freak out that bad! Dang thins are sensitive. I'm so used to building old Jeeps...:doh:

I was on a tight budget lifting my 06 Chevy pickup when it was new, and the salesman at 4wheel parts said he could make it work... I ended up needing new rims and a super chips programmer that weren't in the budget... About a thousand more than I budgeted.. I was pissed that they didn't tell me that ahead of time!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Top Bottom