First Big Purchase

well coming up to my first big purchase for my JK I am curious if i should go right off and buy 35s leaving the rest of the Jeep stock, for now, i know from reading its able to hold them if i go with flat fenders and taking care of them pinch seams. I already have flat fenders sitting in the garage and will be looking at a 2.5-3.25 lift in the future. Then of course ive been trying to figure out what tire would be best for the budgeting rig builder, i think it may look like just sucking it up and going with nitto since most of you are saying really good things with them and the lasting ability with it. whatchya think?

BadApple

Do a search there are many many many threads that cover all of the questions you've asked. At least one a week

JKWrang

Save your money and lift, get tires and do it right. No need to chop if you dont have to.

Cooper makes a cheap-ish quality tire. Nitrous are expensive but dang good

Good luck

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

bl17z90

Get 35's. If you go any smaller you will regret it. Having said that, if you run 35's on your stock JK your wheel travel will almost be non existant.

noroad

Save your money and lift, get tires and do it right. No need to chop if you dont have to.

Good luck

I wouldnt say that about all cooper tires they do make some good things after all they make the mickey thompson tires.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Good luck

I disagree as well. I've run a lot of different coopers and never had issues.

Panda

Yup get the 35's you'll regret smaller then you'll be all set when you get the lift :thumb:

Sent from bad apples...

Army_Vet

Banned

Cooper makes a cheap-ish quality tire.

Cheap-ish QUALITY tire....
doesn't seem to be saying anything about having problems....

SDG

Caught the Bug
Cheap-ish QUALITY tire....
doesn't seem to be saying anything about having problems....

I think that just sounds like cheap quality which people equate with crappy...

I think what was intended was Cooper makes a quality tire that is inexpensive.

JKWrang

Should have utilized a comma. A cheap-ish, quality tire. Better? Good tires that I've seen on a LOT of plow trucks around here. Sorry for the miscommunication

Thanks for backing me up, army vet

TarheelVeteran

Personally Army, I'd either A) wait until you have the funds to do both the lift and the tires at the same time... or B) do the lift first on the stock wheels/tires. In my opinion, doing the tires first without the lift will kill the driveability, especially since you want to start with 35's.

Depending on what lift you decide to go with, you can do a lift/tire combo for not much more than you'd do just the tires for... depending on what your overall initial budget is...

Just my 2-cents...

TarheelVeteran...

Asgard

I've been running 35's on stock suspension for a year now and wouldn't even consider doing it any other way. I will be getting her lifted this year, but so far my MetalCloak Overline Fenders have been incredible. No complaints on articulation either.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391289260.459646.jpg

Top Bottom