Trail Oil Fluid Spill Kits

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
We don't trail jump without a spill kit. I keep one in the Jeep and one in the garage. For the cost you can't be this kit. If you watch the website about every two months they will put a $5 coupon online that you can print off and take it down to $20. They do have more expensive kits but I have yet to see the need (and use) more then what this kit offers.

Steel Rain

MTG

Caught the Bug
Sweet! They did not stock it at mine, but they ordered one up for me!

Thanks for posting this. :thumb:

Spill kit contents

Saw it mentioned in another thread and got me curious as to what items should be found in a spill kit.

David1tontj

Saw it mentioned in another thread and got me curious as to what items should be found in a spill kit.

We are required to have them on a couple of the nasty rock trails up here- the ranger that first told us we needed tem said he didn't even know what was in one, just that it needed to be an official "spill kit". I got one that came in a 5 gallon bucket, and I've never even opened it. I'm pretty sure it has like some oil absorbent pads, gloves and probably some plastic. Maybe even kitty litter.

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

DKronk42

The industrial spill kits we use at my job contain oil absorbent matting (pig mat) a vessel of some sort (bucket/bottle/bag) absorbent powder and maybe some gloves, depends on intended use.

Woody3

Hmmm, never thought about carrying one but it sure sounds like a good idea. I'm sure a little ammo can filled with kitty litter would do the trick.
Open it up, toss contents on ground, spread out, scoop up with shovel and put back in ammo can. Seal and dispose of properly.

Now to find someone who has a cat so I can lift some litter. Hahahaha!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woody3

What's a "wag bag"?

Ouch!!! $35.00???
upyju8y7.jpg

I can buy a bunch of kitty litter for $35.00. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTG

Caught the Bug
Posted this in another thread:

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...ck=Search_spill+kit_-1_3528&keyword=spill+kit

Detailed Description
This convenient, quick response spill kit has all the tools needed for emergency clean up. Packaged in a compact reusable pail for convenient storage, it contains (10) universal pads and (2) Universal socks to absorb all types of small spills, including oil, grease, coolants and water. Absorbs up to 3 gallons.

Additional Details
Volume (Gal): 5 Gallon

jkjurny

Amazon has the same kit for less. I'm thinking of getting this other kit that's also 5 gallons but it's smaller because it has no bucket and uses a bag instead.

Top Bottom