Baseball bat in car

Texasjeep01

Wondering what y'all thought about keeping a baseball bat in the car. I live in Texas and sometimes the drivers here aren't too friendly

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

I have a sawed down broom handle so I can "check my tires." I also was living in a wilderness-y place and honestly my handle came in more handy with the wildlife then the hole in the wall bar trash. Ventures out of civilization I cary a firearm or two for critters I'd rather not engage in fisticuffs.

David1tontj

k I've heard of people getting in trouble for having a bat In the car... If you feel it's necessary, throw a ball and a glove in too..

Also- from the other drivers perspective... If you approach him with a bat (a "contact weapon") then you have just given him justification to shoot you within 21feet.. You live in Texas, odds are, the other guy has a gun.... I would recommend just avoiding the altercation if you can... (This coming from a recovering road rage-aholic). Getting to beat down an idiot is not worth taking two to the chest.. Drive away..

My $0.02

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

StrizzyChris

If you approach him with a bat (a "contact weapon") then you have just given him justification to shoot you within 21feet.. You live in Texas, odds are, the other guy has a gun.... I would recommend just avoiding the altercation if you can...

x2...If someone came at me with a bat, I wouldnt know he was carrying it because he was afraid of me. I would assume he was planning on beating my ass with it in which I would pull out my bigger weapon.

Paisano

Wondering what y'all thought about keeping a baseball bat in the car. I live in Texas and sometimes the drivers here aren't too friendly

Texas? your talking about Texas? Texas? You want to bring a bat to a gunfight? I'd just stay in the car!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Agree with the above. What the hell are you going to do with a bat? Especially in Texas. :thinking:

David1tontj

x2...If someone came at me with a bat, I wouldnt know he was carrying it because he was afraid of me. I would assume he was planning on beating my ass with it in which I would pull out my bigger weapon.

Exactly my view.. He wouldn't make it to 20'. Drops to the ground with two rounds in his center mass before ever reaching me or my family..

And my wife will do the same.. Except she may empty her entire clip and reload just to be certain..

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Hobolobo

The gun is easier to keep concealed in the vehicle. And since you dont need a CHL to carry it in your car, that seems like the best bet imho.

Hobolobo

X2.....

I believe its a falony to care a base ball bat in cali and only a misdemeanor to have gun.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I believe its illegal to carry a bat in texas too (without a ball and glove of course), but perfectly ok to have a gun if you dont have any felonies

Texasjeepster

In texas I want to say its legal to carry a loaded gun in the vehicle because it is a extension of your home but I just got my chl so that I can always carry my pdw

Hobolobo

In texas I want to say its legal to carry a loaded gun in the vehicle because it is a extension of your home but I just got my chl so that I can always carry my pdw

You are correct sir. Even w/o a chl it is legal as long as it stays concealed in the vehicle.

jkmohican

I keep my stock track bar in my trunk. Its essentially a metal pipe, but no one will ever know.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom