Void warranty with a lift

Sugarbear

I got a. 2014 jk my salesman told me if I lift it that I won't void the warranty did he lie to me or is this true ??

Hobolobo

To an extent, he did lie. If you lift it and something breaks because of the lift, it will not be covered. But if its not caused by the lift, like the radio, then it will be covered still.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
depends on the dealer and usually depends on the mods done. my dealer said im good as long as i stay under 3". never said anything about tire size. BUT every dealer is different so this guy maybe blowing smoke up your ass.

Lumber

I was told by a salesman you can lift 4 inches without voiding warranty. He better be right because mine is going up 3 in. this spring

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sugarbear

Yea he told me as long as it's not directly caused by the lift and they sell brand new ones that they lift right from the factory so I can't see how they void it worse comes to worse I keep the stock parts and switch them back if I blow an engine lol

Sugarbear

I was told by a salesman you can lift 4 inches without voiding warranty. He better be right because mine is going up 3 in. this spring

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yea I'm goin 3 in the next couple weeks to

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yea he told me as long as it's not directly caused by the lift and they sell brand new ones that they lift right from the factory so I can't see how they void it worse comes to worse I keep the stock parts and switch them back if I blow an engine lol

well the lift wouldnt affect your engine blowing up so i would just bring it to them as is. now if it was a driveshaft that broke then they could argue it was the lift

jeeeep

Hooked
as of now, in talking to a local dealer, if the dealer installs the lift, they will cover the warranty - this is not necessarily a Chrysler warranty - so if say the dealer does the lift and puts 33" tires on, if you change them to 35" and it causes axle damage, they can claim it's out of warranty because of the 35" tires and it was not designed to run on 35" tires...

Get it in writing and with as many details as possible - as much as Chrysler mods their Jeeps basically "telling and showing" what others can do, it makes me wonder how they can continue to stand behind the "it wasn't designed to do that" excuse. I guess it's just a matter of a class action to get full clarity on this issue. reminds me when dealers would void the warranty if you got your oil change done outside the dealer service center...

May I suggest not talking to the salesman and talk with the service manager since he will be the one who makes the notes and calls concerning warranty issues. Second is build a friendly relationship with the service manager and take your Jeep in for every other service. Sure you could do the service yourself but this shows the dealer ship you will not only come to them for warranty work but general servicing. It works with my service manager and have not had an issue as of yet with my lift.

To answer your inital question the only part that could be voided is the items related to the lift and if the lift can be traced to causing the warranty claim. However depending on what lift you choose, most have their own warranty for thier parts.

R/
Will

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
If they can remotely tie your mods to a failed part, your warranty will be no good. Chrysler voided my powertrain warranty at 20K miles. I had to replace my trans at 47K miles on my own dime.
Beware. :mad:

Sugarbear

If they can remotely tie your mods to a failed part, your warranty will be no good. Chrysler voided my powertrain warranty at 20K miles. I had to replace my trans at 47K miles on my own dime.
Beware. :mad:

Why did the void it what was the mod that made them do that ??

Sugarbear

May I suggest not talking to the salesman and talk with the service manager since he will be the one who makes the notes and calls concerning warranty issues. Second is build a friendly relationship with the service manager and take your Jeep in for every other service. Sure you could do the service yourself but this shows the dealer ship you will not only come to them for warranty work but general servicing. It works with my service manager and have not had an issue as of yet with my lift.

To answer your inital question the only part that could be voided is the items related to the lift and if the lift can be traced to causing the warranty claim. However depending on what lift you choose, most have their own warranty for thier parts.

R/
Will

Yea it's in now for a noise that sounds like a throw out bearing but I'm gonna grab the service manager and ask him thanks for the advice

jeeeep

Hooked
Everything but the kitchen sink. Your stogie lighter may still be warrantied. LOL. :crazyeyes:

hmm no - failure was caused by too many accessories on the battery affecting the overall available current for the stock accessories causing them to not have the required factory spec resources. :doh:

Sugarbear

Talked to the service manager he said the obvious there not gonna cover driveshafts wheel bearings u joints axle shafts stuff like that but major stuff like engines and transmissions are gonna be covered so as long as the problem can't be related to the lift I'm good to go
Now to start pissin off the UPS guy with heavy packages lol

jeeeep

Hooked
Quote Originally Posted by Sugarbear View Post

I got a. 2014 jk my salesman told me if I lift it that I won't void the warranty did he lie to me or is this true ??

He's full of shit..

Jeep just replaced my motor. I'm running coilovers and 37's..

:thinking: I think that's what Sugarbear just stated - it will not void the warranty, he's asking if this is true...........and it is so long as there is proof that the lift did not cause the damage.

Top Bottom