Page 1922 of 2011 FirstFirst ... 92214221822187219121920192119221923192419321972 ... LastLast
Results 19,211 to 19,220 of 20101

Thread: What was done to your rig this week?

Installed rear seat recline kit from Innovative JK Products. Should make the drive to Moab comfier for my kids.

Installed a new EGR valve. One less dash light.

Tested out some Quadratec removable A pillar mirrors. Now I can go doorless when the weather permits.

Wanted to install the soft top, but ran out of time.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Finally put some decent shocks on. Went with RS9000 to pair them with my plush rides. I have the setting at 1 right now and totally love the Cadillac feel

IMG_1821.JPGIMG_1817.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    I had a productive day.

First, got the reamer going and reamed out the knuckles for the Exodus tie rod.

Then mounted the five new STT Pros on my Trail Ready beadlocks.

I used some fender washers with the old bolts to hold the bead from jumping out while getting the rest of it into position.

The 1/4" Milwaukee impact is great for getting the beadlock bolts down to where they are ready for the torque wrench. That is a real time saver😁

I still can't believe how much weight was used on the Goodyear MTRs! One wheel had five strips of the stick on weights, each strip about 8 to 10 inches long. I didn't count, and forgot to get a picture until it was too late.

While doing all this, I touched up the paint on the sliders, fender wells, and front bumper.

Got all the tires on and did the alignment. I rolled each tire while it was jacked up and chalked an area all the way around, the used a Sharpie to make a fine line in the chalked area.
    This way I am sure where I am measuring to each time.

I have two yard sticks and some spring clamps that work pretty well for doing it by yourself, but found that with two people it was easier to use a regular tape measure

Got interrupted by a shooting a half a block from the house 🤯🤯

Once that drama was done, we test drove the Jeep. Sweet. No balance and no vibration until somewhere between 85 and 90, a very slight balance vibration. Nothing at all to worry about.

Death wobble that had developed due to the bad tie rod end on the Steer Smart was cured by the new tie rod and checking all relevant bolts. Next time a tie rod end wears out, it will be a simple fix.

I did notice that the sector shaft seems to deflect slightly while turning back and forth. It was very slight, but there. The new one is just in time.

Next project will be to install the XDIII big bore box I got from PATRIOTKJM

I wanted to get this wrapped up and tested before tackling the steering box, so I could isolated any problems.
    Sounds like a busy day. You sure got a lot done. I didn't get anything productive done. Just checking delivery status every half hour for everything that's on order.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two TheGrendel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    I had a productive day.

Then mounted the five new STT Pros on my Trail Ready beadlocks.

I used some fender washers with the old bolts to hold the bead from jumping out while getting the rest of it into position.

ok, this is genius stuff. will have to remember that when it's time to replace my tires.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrendel View Post
    ok, this is genius stuff. will have to remember that when it's time to replace my tires.
    After the first time of nearly getting it right, only for the other side to pop up just as the side you are working on falls into place, I said to myself there has to be a better way.

After the first one, I ended up using. 4 bolts and large fender washers. Made the rest much easier.

Another time saver, at least with the Trail Ready beadlocks is to center the logo on the valve stem to make it easier to locate when airing up and down.

Of course I forgot on the first one, and was not going to do it over. 🤪

Had the rear bumper swapped for an AEV, with a Rigid Industries Chase light on topIMG_0028.jpgIMG_0033.jpgIMG_0035.jpgIMG_0034.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by naturaloak View Post
    Had the rear bumper swapped for an AEV, with a Rigid Industries Chase light on topIMG_0028.jpgIMG_0033.jpgIMG_0035.jpgIMG_0034.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looks great! I’ve gotta look into that light

2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Fresh Catch
    New tires and wheels!

MR701's wrapped with Cooper S/T Maxx tires.

Last edited by Stuka; 03-22-2019 at 06:01 AM.

IMG_1054.jpgMotoBuilt diff cover

Finally got around to trimming my pinch seams and rock rails. Taking a saw to my Jeep was hard to do, but after the initial cut there was no going back.

Page 1922 of 2011 FirstFirst ... 92214221822187219121920192119221923192419321972 ... LastLast