EVO products

Raceplayhavefun

So for those that have dealt with EVO in the past, do you ever get anything when they tell you it will arrive? I've been waiting for 14 weeks for stuff from them. I'm wondering if they had to mine the steel? First it was "you'll have parts in 8 weeks" then it was "parts will ship before the end of the year". Then of course they coed for two weeks and you couldn't get ahold of them. Then "you'll have the parts before the end of January". Guess what? Still no parts. Now they'll ship by the end of this week..... Sure, heard this before! Oh well, maybe this truck will be done in time for Easter Safari 2015.

Rant over!

LoPo

Caught the Bug
I ordered a replacement resistor for the LED in my EVO rear corners last Friday over the phone and was told it'd arrive today, Tuesday. It in fact, arrived today.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

I never got a call back about their leveling kit, and no questions answered when I talked to Mel. I had to go through an online vendor which were great (info in my build thread), when they got an ETA from EVO somehow, the leveling kit actually showed up a little early if I remember correctly. At the least it was right around the ETA. I have always read they were backed up with orders so I wasn't expecting anything quick but it was. I also called a few months later to ask some gearing questions and was thinking about taking advantage of their gearing special...I believe I talked to Drew on the phone but I am not 100%. Whoever it was gave me great customer service and info. As "cool" as it was to get to talk to Mel I think he just has too much on his plate, at least at that time, and for a small order. It sucked but they didn't lose me as a customer and my leveling kit far exceeded my expectations.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

So for those that have dealt with EVO in the past, do you ever get anything when they tell you it will arrive? I've been waiting for 14 weeks for stuff from them. I'm wondering if they had to mine the steel? First it was "you'll have parts in 8 weeks" then it was "parts will ship before the end of the year". Then of course they coed for two weeks and you couldn't get ahold of them. Then "you'll have the parts before the end of January". Guess what? Still no parts. Now they'll ship by the end of this week..... Sure, heard this before! Oh well, maybe this truck will be done in time for Easter Safari 2015.

Rant over!

Others have takin delivery of EVO stuff...Calmly and as nicely as you can explain the situation to them and that others are getting products...Are you in line? How far in line? Did they misplace your order? Try to write down any questions so you can stay calm and get some answers. Hope for a t-shirt for the wait haha

BBG

Rant over!

Well I think they are just really backed up I had that happen to me a couple of times no biggy........ if I'm correct I think they just gave one store and they ship products world wide. ...... hundreds of orders come in daily.......I don't think they thought they were gonna do the kind of volume they are receiving. If I were you I would call up Drew or Mel and voice your concerns straight to them let know how long you've been waiting I'm sure they'll work something out for ya........:):thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BBG

Others have takin delivery of EVO stuff...Calmly and as nicely as you can explain the situation to them and that others are getting products...Are you in line? How far in line? Did they misplace your order? Try to write down any questions so you can stay calm and get some answers. Hope for a t-shirt for the wait haha

Hey I got a t-shirt out of it wore it yesterday. ....lmbo!!!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Charlie Mike

Sharkey said:
If your order has anything from King, the date of delivery has nothing to do with EVO.

Truth.

I was told 8 weeks when I ordered my bolt-on coilovers. Ended being about 12 weeks when it was said and done. No big deal. And it had nothing to do with EVO. Turn around times are tough to estimate sometimes. I know you're probably just venting bro, but I have to say, Good things come to those who wait. The extra time I had to wait, EVO has more than made up in the quality of their customer service...on multiple occasions for me personally.

SDG

Caught the Bug
I ordered the slabs 5 for 4, C's and sliders at the same time. Everything was in stock except the sliders, and those were 4 to 6 weeks wait. They were nice enough to hold the slabs for me till the sliders were ready. I think they were actually ready in 5 weeks, and Drew called me to let me know as soon as they were done.

Great guys to do business with.

I think small companies some times have a hard time timing production with demand. I ordered a bumper from another company and was told 8 weeks, it ended up taking about 16 by the time it was delivered. I know how frustrating it can be, but at the end of the day you will be getting a great product, and to me its worth the wait. Call up Drew and with a cool head ask for the ETA, he will do his best to get you an accurate date, and in the end that about all you can hope for.

My only complaint, and it seems to be more of a "auto" industry thing is that it seems like most companies will make you pay 100% up front for products that may not be ready for a couple months. I could see a 25-50% down payment, and then the rest on completion... but oh well it is what it is.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Here's the big question:

Did you order from EVO Mfg.,

Off Road Evolution

Or a vendor

EVO Mfg is a separate company from ORE and you should call EVO directly if you have questions. Otherwise if it was from a vendor they have to wait in line like everyone else for their products. High demand and their products are made to order.

Most people think EVO Mfg and Offroad Evolution are one in the same. They are not. Yes Mel owns a part of both companies but they operate separately.

Here's the big question:

Did you order from EVO Mfg.,

Off Road Evolution

Or a vendor

EVO Mfg is a separate company from ORE and you should call EVO directly if you have questions. Otherwise if it was from a vendor they have to wait in line like everyone else for their products. High demand and their products are made to order.

Most people think EVO Mfg and Offroad Evolution are one in the same. They are not. Yes Mel owns a part of both companies but they operate separately.

^ and that's a fact jack! :)

I find it funny that in today's age, that we are so self gratified so quickly, that we jump on the Internet and rant about everything.

I have had multiple dealings with off road evolution and Evo manufacturing. Both have the absolute best customer service in my opinion.

Everything I have ordered from them has either been right on time or off by a couple weeks, but they always took care of me when I called and asked what's going on, or just a quick update. Hell they even shipped my tire carrier for FREE!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
it took my sliders 10 weeks for me to get them. i didnt care tho cause they were for a 2 door and they had the custom angle, two things that they prob dont stock a lot of. also i knew that they were going to be bad ass! i have not been let down yet on the bad ass part. IMO dont worry about the time frame cause your going to be in love either way when you get it all.

Angry Aussie

It took me forever to get my evo lift sent out to me 13 weeks after I ordered it and some parts were missing when it finally showed up. I wasn't thrilled about it at all, but now I'm happy as hell and honestly would have waited longer. Evo products are the real deal. Waiting sucks especially that long , but it will be worth it in the end. I couldn't be happier with the quality of everything evo I have ordered.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
Just know that once you do get your EVO parts, you will be glad you didn’t compromise quality for rapid delivery. EVO is making, by far, the best quality “off the shelf” products in the industry.
Remember its expensive to be cheap, you get what you pay for, and good things come to those who wait. :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom