Traded a 14 JGC for 14 Rubicon almost taken out my a mailman

tsalani

My new Jeep is only 5 days old. Almost taken out my a mailman. He came out of a driveway not looking. I swerved and he only got me with a mirror. Small two lane road with oncoming traffic. Very tight squeeze.

Jeep Grand Cherokee
9191632582_cba0c6e960.jpg

Rubicon
12317279925_cd63232d49.jpg

The Scratch
12317282165_e7450357ef.jpg

Mr Mailman and his truck
12317713654_198c872713.jpg

Only got me with his mirror. Lucky me.
12317711194_8af0aff7bd.jpg

Last edited:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
You're a lucky guy. Maybe you should buy a lottery ticket today b4 your luck changes.:cheesy: It looks like the scratch will rub out, but it's a s**tload of paperwork for him if he reports it. That's his punishment.:yup:

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

I backed in to a loaded trash can a few months after getting my '13 :grayno:
Sorry for the bad luck, at least yours was also very minor and no injuries. Your '14 JCG was really good looking with the Rubicon wheels an tires!

tsalani

I think it will rub out but you'll still see a scratch. I probably won't cut the fenders.

The guy begged me not to report it. Offered me cash then he low balled me with $30. I was pissed but i didnt want to go through reporting to my insurance either. So i offered him a deal. We settled with $300. It will go towards a new bumper.

davantalus

$30 to $300? Excellent negotiating there! :twocents::twocents::twocents:

Can't wait to rub this in 6 months from now when you've decided to trim your fenders afterall. ;)

Congrats on the upgrade!

whiteyjfm

I feel your pain. It sucks when it happened to a new Jeep, but it will look so much worse after you scrape by a tree or rock on the trail.

Top Bottom