Dkronk's super slow build "Lumpy"

DKronk42

So, with my budget being the way it is, my build is going to be pretty damn slow, at any rate, i figured it was about time to start a build thread with my intentions and maybe get some feed back. This is pretty much all i can come up with for now, and this is in no way organized in order of importance. Im thinking bumpers, sliders, and winch will come first. Then lift wheels and tires.

Current:

2014 JK Sport 2 door, anvil, Bone stock.

The plan:
Evo 3in enforcer kit for 35's
Evo draglink flip kit
JKS quick disconnects
Walker Evans 17in beadlocks
Nitto Mud Grappler 35's
J.E. Reel drive shafts front and rear
PR 44's with ARB lockers and 4.88 gears
Chopped stock flares
Evo rock sliders
LoD signature series shorty front bumper with stinger
LoD signature series shorty rear bumper with tire carrier trail rack, and ropack mounts
Evo rocker skins
Warn power plant 9.5

The future:
Evo enforcer becomes Evo bolt on coilovers
Nitto Mud Grappler 35's become 37's

DKronk42

Pulling the trigger on my enforcer on friday, will be waiting until i can afford my mud grapplers before installing however

DKronk42

So, im in need of some knowledge, my build philosophy has been pretty simple, get bullet proof, focus on recovery and armor then worry about getting bigger. My question is, is it advisable to do my drive shafts before lifting or after/at the same time as lifting?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I would think I doesn't hurt to do them now but I'm not 100% sure.

Sent from my iPhone

BadApple

I would advise to do DS's at the same time as the lift but it doesn't matter. I ran my stock DS's for a few months after lift install until the front failed on the a not so difficult trail. If your jeep is mostly a DD and trails every now and then you could get probably a year out of them (not 100% sure on that but a guess) If I was to do it over again I would purchase everything and install it all at once. I pieced together my lift and wished I woulda just waited cause it caused alot of problems doing it that way.

DKronk42

Well, drive shafts are budgeted for the build, was just curious as to priority the initial plan was to do them at the same time as the lift but i was considering doing them earlier

Top Bottom