Bluetooth AUX input.... Found a simple solution

Ldogg

So I had to run into pepboys at lunchtime and while browsing I found a Bluetooth aux adapter. It has an internal rechargeable battery you charge via USB but it doesn't require that USB connection to run. It was $20 bux and most of the aux cables were just as expensive so I figured what the hell. Seemed to work pretty well too. The brand is xtreme cables Bluetooth music receiver.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391814411.348370.jpg

Ldogg

Thx. The thing works great and it's tiny. I think I am going to add a small piece of Velcro to the back and mount it on the front trim. This way I can remove it to charge, but it's up and out of the way.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391817540.753039.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391817598.775158.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Thx. The thing works great and it's tiny. I think I am going to add a small piece of Velcro to the back and mount it on the front trim. This way I can remove it to charge, but it's up and out of the way.

View attachment 67949

View attachment 67950

Or you could just charge it from the USB port right there on your radio.

My '09 Nav unit charged my iPhone fine. I don't see why it wouldn't charge the small battery in your Bluetooth device.

Last edited:

Ldogg

Yep it sure will. I ended up charging it when I got out of the store and opened the packaging.... :)

loscann48

Walmart carries something very similar, I got it in my jeep, works OK for music, buy doesn't connect for phone calls.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jchristenbury

I was *just* looking at this on Amazon and was like "I bet there are great ideas on WAL". Glad I looked before I bought. Thanks for sharing!

bigtrucker52

Nice find. I may have to get me one of these. My current aux cable is about to play out after over a year and a half of use

Gmwelder86

I've got something similar, works good for podcasts and stuff like that but looses some definition in music. Mainly low frequencies get cut off.

jchristenbury

I just got one and I'll vouch for the ease of use and price. Sound quality is pretty good. I'll get another for the house to use with sound systems, etc. I've only had it for several days but it's great so far.

Please charge all the way before using or it won't work well.

curtiso504

I used one like that for a good while on my Harley. It was nice to stream Pandora while on the road and the phone could stay in my pocket.

Top Bottom