Ventura/Ojai Area Trail Run

NHarris

I'm going to be down in the Ojai and Ventura area in California next month from March 9th through the 12th. Just wanted to see if anyone wanted to do some wheeling or meet up to talk/show off Jeeps. I'll have my mild-built TJ Wrangler with me, and I'd love to hit up a trail or two with a local who knows the area. Or even some suggestions for trails would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you want to join for some wheeling and what day as I really have no set itinerary.

rubicrawl

Dang it I work that weekend I live in Santa Clarita which is like 40 min from Ventura but I work In Ventura if a group decides to meet up with you I might just call in I don't know any trails in Ventura a few guys did a run in that area a few weeks ago looked like a blast I have some nice trails over in my area I'll see as time gets closer

NHarris

I've looked at a couple on google maps. Look like fire access roads. I have a friend out there and he said he knows a few places but hasn't said where at.

StrizzyChris

I've looked at a couple on google maps. Look like fire access roads. I have a friend out there and he said he knows a few places but hasn't said where at.

I hit up a Fire road in Ojai that ended in a motocross style trail about 30 minutes north of town off the 33(Mericopa I think?) It was a pretty cool trail but not challenging at all. It was not passable in the moto section with my jeep and I doubt many Jeeps at all. I know I would have turtled for sure in their man made mega whoops if I hit them straight on and rolled if I hit them at an angle!

a few folks do go over the hill to Los Padres forest, and do the Miller Jeep trail, the Lockwood Creek area, and even the Grade Valley/Mutau flats area. I just looked at the Yellowjacket trail, and the Mt Abel area. BUT....much of the area is still closed for the winter, as the "Day Fire" burnt a lot of forest, and a lot of down timbers are still there. There is always the Ballinger Flats area, and the Hungry Valley areas for wheeling. "Rubicrawl" should know about those two pretty well. Since I am over in the High Desert area, we just go out to Jawbone/Red Rock/Randsburg/Goler areas. PLENTY out there for sure.!
Last Chance Cyn, Goler Gulch, Bonanza, and Iron Cyn. Or keep going up the 14 to the 178, and go up to the High Sierras and Isabella, and the Kern Plateau.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

I grew up in Ojai and just moved to Santa Clarita/Canyon Country. Ballinger Canyon can be fun and there's a few others. A group just ran Pine Mountain and Miller isn't far. Let me know and I will meet up with you. I can probably get a few other jeeps and various 4x4's together.

rubicrawl

Let's do something Saturday it's my weekend off finally I'm taking my rig to Evo tomorrow morning for a final retorque and alignment and I'll be ready to rock n roll brothers

rubicrawl

a few folks do go over the hill to Los Padres forest, and do the Miller Jeep trail, the Lockwood Creek area, and even the Grade Valley/Mutau flats area. I just looked at the Yellowjacket trail, and the Mt Abel area. BUT....much of the area is still closed for the winter, as the "Day Fire" burnt a lot of forest, and a lot of down timbers are still there. There is always the Ballinger Flats area, and the Hungry Valley areas for wheeling. "Rubicrawl" should know about those two pretty well. Since I am over in the High Desert area, we just go out to Jawbone/Red Rock/Randsburg/Goler areas. PLENTY out there for sure.!
Last Chance Cyn, Goler Gulch, Bonanza, and Iron Cyn. Or keep going up the 14 to the 178, and go up to the High Sierras and Isabella, and the Kern Plateau.

Yes I'm very familiar with Hungary valley

If it were me, I'd vote for Miller. Well marked, and can get very fun when you go up the creek at Cottonwood Camp. I am not sure the gate is open at Gold Hill, but you could go up a ways and use the Yellowjacket trail. Or Long Dave.
:yup:

DaK

I'd check before hitting up Miller, think that is a seasonal trail. At Hungry Valley there is a OHV playground of sorts to get familiar with your jeep. They have everything from mild to wild at the park so you can learn your corners and angles.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

I'd check before hitting up Miller, think that is a seasonal trail. At Hungry Valley there is a OHV playground of sorts to get familiar with your jeep. They have everything from mild to wild at the park so you can learn your corners and angles.

It is somewhat seasonal. I can try to keep an eye on it for closures. The drive from Ojai/Ventura is worth it.

Top Bottom